The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Anyone tried the Xbox 360-Xbox One Power converter?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone tried the Xbox 360-Xbox One Power converter?

User Info: zelda3003

zelda3003
3 years ago#1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Supply-AC-Adapter-Transfer-Converter-Cable-Lead-For-Xbox-360-To-Xbox-One-/301164625873?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item461ecf7fd1

Trying to find a power supply because my third party one is too loud, the only official Microsoft one is 40. Anyone tried these converters?

User Info: Viet0ne

Viet0ne
3 years ago#2
Don't blame MS if you end up with a fried Xbox One.

When it comes to power, the only thing that should is okay to be non-official is the cable going from the outlet to the power supply. The power supply itself should always be an official one. If you want to risk using an non-official, even if it's for the Xbox 360, then you are taking an expensive risk.
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne

User Info: uniquebadger

uniquebadger
3 years ago#3
Why do you already need a new power supply? Also with laptops i learned long ago it is better just put out and pay the higher price for an official one vs a cheap one that you might have to keep replacing. Cheaper in the long run.

zelda3003
3 years ago#4
uniquebadger posted...
Why do you already need a new power supply? Also with laptops i learned long ago it is better just put out and pay the higher price for an official one vs a cheap one that you might have to keep replacing. Cheaper in the long run.

I got my Xbox One for 170 which was a pretty good deal - just lacked a power supply. It's harder than i thought it would be to get a Microsoft branded one

uniquebadger
3 years ago#5
zelda3003 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

I got my Xbox One for 170 which was a pretty good deal - just lacked a power supply. It's harder than i thought it would be to get a Microsoft branded one

Just tried looking for one and you weren't kidding. They just really don't exist right now.
You could always try this. http://slumz.boxden.com/f452/how-to-get-a-legit-xbox-one-power-supply-directly-from-microsoft-2046197/

uniquebadger
3 years ago#6
Also if you do try that i would personally go through microsofts site and find that link instead of going from the link off the website. But i'm just paranoid about random links like that.

zelda3003
3 years ago#7
uniquebadger posted...
Also if you do try that i would personally go through microsofts site and find that link instead of going from the link off the website. But i'm just paranoid about random links like that.

I tried that but you need to have your old power supply in order to get a replacement. Just got off the phone with Microsoft and they told me the very same thing. Stuck with a very loud 3rd party power supply for the time being
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone tried the Xbox 360-Xbox One Power converter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived