Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

User Info: schmarkenheimer

schmarkenheimer
2 years ago#111
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
It's dishonest that very few price comparisons include the cost of PS+ and Live Gold for the consoles.

This...and also keyboard and mouse. I would say a decent mouse/KB combo would run you about $80 alone.

Do you not have a KB+M? If you're doing that, include a new TV for the new console.
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12

User Info: -FryShakeWad-

-FryShakeWad-
2 years ago#112
Most PC users are dishonest. Makes sense.
I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)

User Info: vashtricham

vashtricham
2 years ago#113
schmarkenheimer posted...
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
It's dishonest that very few price comparisons include the cost of PS+ and Live Gold for the consoles.

This...and also keyboard and mouse. I would say a decent mouse/KB combo would run you about $80 alone.

Do you not have a KB+M? If you're doing that, include a new TV for the new console.

Big difference, If i am building a gaming pc why would I use a crappy KB/M made for office use and not buy a gaming mouse and Keyboard. Again to make most builds you are cheaping out on many features.
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit

User Info: Madmax1985

Madmax1985
2 years ago#114
heffley19 posted...
My brother just bought a PC for DayZ but it isn't top of the line and spent alot of $$$ on it still. I watched him play DayZ, it just stutters and consitantly just jumps around. If you don't have top of the line PC you can't play most of the best games. I will just wait until it comes out on Xbox1. I get PC gamers if you only want PC but, I can't afford to drop that kind of money on a computer.

It stutters because dayz is a buggy and poorly optimized mess. It's a decent mod, But nowhere near what it should be.

User Info: Madmax1985

Madmax1985
2 years ago#115
vashtricham posted...
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Big difference, If i am building a gaming pc why would I use a crappy KB/M made for office use and not buy a gaming mouse and Keyboard. Again to make most builds you are cheaping out on many features.

I agree, if you are even considering getting into hardcore pc gaming. Don't skimp out on things that are needed.

Go all the way or just stick to a console.

vashtricham
2 years ago#116
Madmax1985 posted...
vashtricham posted...
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

I agree, if you are even considering getting into hardcore pc gaming. Don't skimp out on things that are needed.

Go all the way or just stick to a console.

Exactly you wouldnt buy a console and then be ok with terrible 3rd party controller which most are.
--

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
2 years ago#117
You also need monster cables
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: BilliePilgrim

BilliePilgrim
2 years ago#118
vashtricham posted...
Exactly you wouldnt buy a console and then be ok with terrible 3rd party controller which most are.

I used a cheap mouse and keyboard for years. They are more usable than a cheap controller and last longer. I wouldn't say a cheap m/k is the same as a cheap controller.

Anyway, these topics also always blast past the added cost of XBL/PS+, which is significantly more than the cost of what needs to be spent on an m/k.
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg

vashtricham
2 years ago#119
BilliePilgrim posted...
vashtricham posted...

I used a cheap mouse and keyboard for years. They are more usable than a cheap controller and last longer. I wouldn't say a cheap m/k is the same as a cheap controller.

Anyway, these topics also always blast past the added cost of XBL/PS+, which is significantly more than the cost of what needs to be spent on an m/k.

I would say that a keyboard is less important as a mouse but after trying to play FPS with my generic mouse I immediately went out and bought a gaming mouse and the difference is huge. There is also a big difference in games like LoL. It is pretty similar to me in performance and in costs. I also have spent less on live then I have on a mouse and its replacement and a few keyboards in the same time period.

User Info: BilliePilgrim

BilliePilgrim
2 years ago#120
vashtricham posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...
vashtricham posted...

I would say that a keyboard is less important as a mouse but after trying to play FPS with my generic mouse I immediately went out and bought a gaming mouse and the difference is huge. There is also a big difference in games like LoL. It is pretty similar to me in performance and in costs. I also have spent less on live then I have on a mouse and its replacement and a few keyboards in the same time period.

If those replacements weren't mandatory, then you can't equate them. Buying a better keyboard or mouse as a nicety isn't the same as needing to buy XBL for access to basic functionality of the console.
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived