The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Microsoft might have to worry about the Xbox One competing with the Wii U soon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft might have to worry about the Xbox One competing with the Wii U soon

User Info: PhaseBlack

PhaseBlack
3 years ago#1
The Xbox One has been locked in a brutal struggle with the PS4 but Mario Kart 8 is getting tons of buzz, which is rather surprising given the state of the Wii U.

So far the Wii U has been no competition at all, but how do you think it will affect the Xbox One if it has to go against both the PS4 and a reinvigorated Wii U? I just think MS could end up getting blindsided since the Wii U is much cheaper and it's getting both Mario Kart and Smash Bros. this year.
PSVita & 3DS

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
3 years ago#2
PhaseBlack posted...
The Xbox One has been locked in a brutal struggle with the PS4 but Mario Kart 8 is getting tons of buzz, which is rather surprising given the state of the Wii U.

So far the Wii U has been no competition at all, but how do you think it will affect the Xbox One if it has to go against both the PS4 and a reinvigorated Wii U? I just think MS could end up getting blindsided since the Wii U is much cheaper and it's getting both Mario Kart and Smash Bros. this year.

There is your answer why Mario Kart 8 is getting the hype, the WiiU has a lack of games right now and that is why the console isn't selling very well in it's second year.

Demons Souls is getting hype because of a lack of AAA games on PS4. Titanfall got it's hype for the same reason. Now it is the WiiU's turn. I'm not understanding how you can spin this as a negative for Microsoft, why not see it as a positive that gamer's are getting more games?
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy, KOTOR, Titanfall

PhaseBlack
3 years ago#3
Jiggy101011 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

There is your answer why Mario Kart 8 is getting the hype, the WiiU has a lack of games right now and that is why the console isn't selling very well in it's second year.

Demons Souls is getting hype because of a lack of AAA games on PS4. Titanfall got it's hype for the same reason. Now it is the WiiU's turn. I'm not understanding how you can spin this as a negative for Microsoft, why not see it as a positive that gamer's are getting more games?

What are you talking about with "Demon's Souls on PS4"? O_o
PSVita & 3DS

User Info: Muryo

Muryo
3 years ago#4
You mean that Nintendo racer that is FULL of content, LITTLE dependance on dlc and doesn't need fictional cloud processing to give it's 100%?
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
3 years ago#5
That reminds me, that new Mario Kart game has a **** roster, Double Dash probably was the most creative and fun, along with a great roster.
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero

User Info: mokmuud

mokmuud
3 years ago#6
Muryo posted...
You mean that Nintendo racer that is FULL of content, LITTLE dependance on dlc and doesn't need fictional cloud processing to give it's 100%?

Historically Mario Kart has always done extremely well.
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
3 years ago#7
Robin_Mask posted...
That reminds me, that new Mario Kart game has a **** roster, Double Dash probably was the most creative and fun, along with a great roster.

The roster on Mario Kart doesn't bother me because the characters are usually grouped into 3 classes so it just comes down to preference, now the roster on Smash Bros can make or break that game for me.
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy, KOTOR, Titanfall

User Info: DamnEvilDog

DamnEvilDog
3 years ago#8
But what if you are not a Nintendo franchise fan and want to play more of a varied selection of games in a good time frame?

Nintendo titles are slow coming and a lot of devs are not even bothering to put games on the console... I doubt Microsoft is even a little bit scared of Nintendo.

Face it, Nintendo is stuck in the past and are slow to learn, they have an under powered console with a very archaic online system.

If you are enjoying the console that is great, that what a console is for, there is no need to be here talking about the WiiU on the Xbox One board, go there and talk about the game.
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog

User Info: axelfooley2k5

axelfooley2k5
3 years ago#9
Demons Souls ?

you farted out of your mouth
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ

PhaseBlack
3 years ago#10
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Demons Souls ?

you farted out of your mouth

He must be talking about Project Beast, the PS4 exclusive from the Demon's Souls and Dark Souls developers
PSVita & 3DS
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft might have to worry about the Xbox One competing with the Wii U soon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived