Benefits of digital games as of now

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Benefits of digital games as of now

User Info: TarotXIII

TarotXIII
3 years ago#1
So it's a good... what, 6 months or so in for the new consoles? Are there any cool benefits yet for digital games?

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 years ago#2
Getting robbed of your money is a benefit.
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
3 years ago#3
#1: BC is dead, so don't expect anything you download to be playable in 6 years. Zero lessons learned from iTunes or Steam.
#2: No resale value.
#3: Run out of space quick because genius MS won't let users replace the HDD but only included less than 500GB in a generation where 50GB are not going to be uncommon.
#4: MS has more control over prices. When has that ever not worked out for consumers?

Oh wait, did you say benefits? Well...

#1: You don't have to get your lazy ass up to change discs.

That's it.
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png

User Info: Kalibak

Kalibak
3 years ago#4
Wha?

User Info: dnmt

dnmt
3 years ago#5
Ease of use and usually a cheaper price. You'd have to be a big baby to buy a digital game for $60, hth.

User Info: TMOG

TMOG
3 years ago#6
dnmt posted...
Ease of use and usually a cheaper price. You'd have to be a big baby to buy a digital game for $60, hth.

Outside of a flash/PS+ sale, I've never seen a digital copy of a console game that I can't find cheaper physical. Doesn't even matter what console.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/TMOG/sonoftmogandfriends.jpg

User Info: dnmt

dnmt
3 years ago#7
TMOG posted...
dnmt posted...

Outside of a flash/PS+ sale, I've never seen a digital copy of a console game that I can't find cheaper physical. Doesn't even matter what console.

Well yeah, that's why you wait for those sales before buying anything.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 years ago#8
scoobydoobydont posted...
#1: BC is dead, so don't expect anything you download to be playable in 6 years. Zero lessons learned from iTunes or Steam.
#3: Run out of space quick because genius MS won't let users replace the HDD but only included less than 500GB in a generation where 50GB are not going to be uncommon.
#4: MS has more control over prices. When has that ever not worked out for consumers?

That's it.

This guy sums it up. Idiot Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo don't have a damn clue.
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.

User Info: ExDios

ExDios
3 years ago#9
Buy discs till they go extinct. That's what I plan to do.

User Info: FinzFan4life

FinzFan4life
3 years ago#10
scoobydoobydont posted...

That's it.

#3 makes no sense since you have to install games no matter what, MS is allowing for external support which is better then swapping,

now on to the others

#1, I am not buying a new console to play old games,

#2, I don't plan on selling my games back this Gen

#4, Gaming is not a cheap hobby, although I wish MS offered cheap prices like sony, they are in a business to make money, Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the gaming business but until then don't expect MS to be charitable
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Benefits of digital games as of now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived