Why is Xbox considered the 'dudebro shooter/sports' console when...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is Xbox considered the 'dudebro shooter/sports' console when...

User Info: DarthLaharl

DarthLaharl
2 years ago#1
Sony has an exclusive sports series, 'MLB: The Show' and more first party shooters or games with guns in general as primary weapons (like Rachet & Clank) than Nintendo and Microsoft COMBINED?
On GameFAQs Any criticism=trolling, ports/remakes are bad unless its something YOU want ported/remade, and anything that's popular that you dislike = overrated.

User Info: ShadowNinja87

ShadowNinja87
2 years ago#2
Because Call of Duty, Halo, Gears had more of the stereotypical dude bros in their online community, which was 90% of XBL.

User Info: BrightFart

BrightFart
2 years ago#3
I might be wrong but I also think it's because first-person shooters sell/sold the most on the 360 whereas the PS3 had more of a variety of best sellers.

Also, just because a game has guns doesn't make it a shooter.

User Info: Tyronelio1

Tyronelio1
2 years ago#4
Cause, stereotypes.
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: Bayonetta, DBZ: Raging Blast 2, WWE/NBA 2K13, Alan Wake, GTAIV: Complete Edition, TC: HAWX 2, Dark Souls 2.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
2 years ago#5
Because morons on all sides need stereotypes to feel better about thier own insecurities.
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
2 years ago#6
DarthLaharl posted...
Sony has an exclusive sports series, 'MLB: The Show' and more first party shooters or games with guns in general as primary weapons (like Rachet & Clank) than Nintendo and Microsoft COMBINED?

Blame Microsoft for making the Xbox brand known for being famous for multiplayer dudebro shooters.

Plus Ratchet & Clank doesn't count, as it's NOT an FPS, it's a 3D Run & Gun Platformer that's been around since the PS2 days.

User Info: DarthLaharl

DarthLaharl
2 years ago#7
Shinobi120 posted...
DarthLaharl posted...

Blame Microsoft for making the Xbox brand known for being famous for multiplayer dudebro shooters.

Plus Ratchet & Clank doesn't count, as it's NOT an FPS, it's a 3D Run & Gun Platformer that's been around since the PS2 days.

Reading comprehension. Use it.
On GameFAQs Any criticism=trolling, ports/remakes are bad unless its something YOU want ported/remade, and anything that's popular that you dislike = overrated.

User Info: llxzachxll

llxzachxll
2 years ago#8
Crimson dragon and plants vs zombies
Hardcore- We'll probably be modded for this...
Gt - Percocet 5s--3DS FC 4356-1210-3658

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
2 years ago#9
ShadowNinja87 posted...
Because Call of Duty, Halo, Gears had more of the stereotypical dude bros in their online community, which was 90% of XBL.

The stereotype in this case is actually true.
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.

User Info: Cowboy082288

Cowboy082288
2 years ago#10
Because TC 'dude bros' is to Xbox like 'Weeabos' is to Playstation. I wouldn't take either term very seriously because they both seek to completely define a person by what type of video game they like.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is Xbox considered the 'dudebro shooter/sports' console when...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived