What Does Direct X Do?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What Does Direct X Do?

User Info: SearchmanV16

SearchmanV16
3 years ago#1
What does Direct X do for the Xbox One? I am not a PC gamer, so idk what it even does. Does it close the hardware gap or just shortens it?
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3, iPad Mini, and PS4.

User Info: KOOGAR

KOOGAR
3 years ago#2
It sings the lullaby for the Xbone.
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.

User Info: Tyronelio1

Tyronelio1
3 years ago#3
I'm not a techie or anything but I think it's just for allocating resources and optimisation?
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: Bayonetta, DBZ: Raging Blast 2, WWE/NBA 2K13, Alan Wake, GTAIV: Complete Edition, TC: HAWX 2, Dark Souls 2.

User Info: CharadeSmith

CharadeSmith
3 years ago#4
it's the imaginary friend who establishes communication between software and hardware
Master! We are in a tight spot!

User Info: Jptremblay13

Jptremblay13
3 years ago#5
"DirectX is a set of low-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that provides Windows programs with high-performance hardware-accelerated multimedia support. DirectX enables the program to easily determine the hardware capabilities of your computer, and then sets the program parameters to match."

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
3 years ago#6
DirectX is basically just a collection of APIs. APIs are just programming interfaces that are designed to control how software works..pretty much just resources that can call routines/functions and ease the actual task of programming itself. It helps to optimize and lessen the required work of a specific task through those means.

To be honest, I used to do a lot of programming back in my college days, but it's been years now and I am super rusty and out of that game. The only stuff I need to do at my job even remotely close is minimal scripting work (vbscript/powershell/PHP) So yeah, either someone more qualified will answer or just google around for stuff like API (Application Programming Interface) and get a general idea of what it all means.
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
(message deleted)

User Info: SearchmanV16

SearchmanV16
3 years ago#8
Oh okay, yeah now it's layman's terms, it's easier to understand. I see it will narrow the gap because the X1 becomes more efficient. Is it enough to get rid of the 1080p/60FPS argument between the X1 and PS4?
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3, iPad Mini, and PS4.

User Info: fan360

fan360
3 years ago#9
It makes sure PS4 cannot connect on a PC.

Or Directly download XXX?

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 years ago#10
SearchmanV16 posted...
Oh okay, yeah now it's layman's terms, it's easier to understand. I see it will narrow the gap because the X1 becomes more efficient. Is it enough to get rid of the 1080p/60FPS argument between the X1 and PS4?

no

ps4 uses opengl which is basically the same thing
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What Does Direct X Do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived