Is there a point to buying an Xbox One?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is there a point to buying an Xbox One?

User Info: dart246

dart246
3 years ago#1
Please keep in mind, I already have a PlayStation 4.

However with the recent changes I still must ask if there is a point to owning both. The multiplatform games continue to be subpar on the Xbox One and the major exclusive far for the system I bought on PC.

While Sunset Overdrive looks awesome, I'm not sure I'm ready to commit $400 to one game.

I'm also worried about the UI. How do I easily stream on Twitch or snap now without the Kinect?
If welfare could be used for abortions...this would be a much better world...

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
3 years ago#2
If you're into Halo, Gears of War, Forza and Killer Instinct, you might want to pick one up.

And all the Kinect features will obviously still require a Kinect. They have to coax people into buying that thing somehow.
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura YouTube Let's Player
3DS FC: 0018-0730-4057 / In-game name: Jos / Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

User Info: Ramsus082

Ramsus082
3 years ago#3
Not if you have a PS4, no. You need to ask yourself if the multimedia features are worth the degraded game performance.
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You

User Info: Apex-Player

Apex-Player
3 years ago#4
Not until it's dirt cheap. Not worth the price of a ps4.
PSN/ Comfort_Cat

User Info: Kuebel33

Kuebel33
3 years ago#5
dart246 posted...
Please keep in mind, I already have a PlayStation 4.

However with the recent changes I still must ask if there is a point to owning both. The multiplatform games continue to be subpar on the Xbox One and the major exclusive far for the system I bought on PC.

While Sunset Overdrive looks awesome, I'm not sure I'm ready to commit $400 to one game.

I'm also worried about the UI. How do I easily stream on Twitch or snap now without the Kinect?

I guess it depends on you.. I own both and a Wii U, and personally I like the Xbox one exclusives way more thanthe PS4 exclusives, and currently I feel Wii U still has the best over all library of games (granted it's been around a year longer but still)
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Ttn Fall, Brvly Dflt, Lghtnng Rtrns

User Info: LooksLikeRain

LooksLikeRain
3 years ago#6
Exclusives.
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is there a point to buying an Xbox One?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived