Have I been banned from chat?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have I been banned from chat?

User Info: amileo2001

amileo2001
3 years ago#1
Is there a way to determine if your xbox has been banned from the ability to chat in game and if so is this ban permanent? Whether or not you believe me, I do not scream or swear (at least not very often) into the microphone when gaming. One day I signed in and attempted to talk in game and noticed the mic icon was not showing up (the speaker symbol which signifies you are talking) I am still able to hear everyone through the headset. I even attempted to use the kinect as a mic, but still nothing. I am able to record private messages so this makes me assume I was banned, but I'm seriously confused as to why I would have been banned. I'm not saying I never curse, but if I'm playing a rated M game, I should be able to get away with a few of the more accepted bad words without getting in trouble. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

User Info: MJFJD

MJFJD
3 years ago#2
Which of the more accepted bad words did you use?

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
3 years ago#3
I was going to say the mic but if it lets you record stuff I don't know.

Maybe enough people complained & you were hit with a voice suspension? No clue.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: DeadLock25

DeadLock25
3 years ago#4
Try checking your settings, maybe you have parental controls on or your settings limit your ability to voice chat online.

Is it happening for only one game?

Also try doing a hard reset (holding the power button for 10 seconds) in case its just a temporary glitch.
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
(message deleted)

User Info: amileo2001

amileo2001
3 years ago#6
Thanks for the advice. I'm at work right now, but I will attempt these fixes when I get home this evening. @MJFJD, to give you an idea, here are the non-curse word versions:

butt,
female dog,
poop

User Info: Joey-Zaza

Joey-Zaza
3 years ago#7
You can say ass, for the record.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I

User Info: ILikesCheese

ILikesCheese
3 years ago#8
Microsoft will permanently ban you account from being able to use the chat feature?

I didn't know that.
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
3 years ago#9
ILikesCheese posted...
permanently

I don't believe so. I do know they will suspend your chat for a bit.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: ILikesCheese

ILikesCheese
3 years ago#10
darkshadowmaster posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
permanently

I don't believe so. I do know they will suspend your chat for a bit.

Anything to do with cutting off the chat feature, and nothing else, is something I was unaware of. I thought if you did or said something naughty you were suspended from the entire LIVE service for a period of time, not piecemeal bits of it.
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have I been banned from chat?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived