Honestly, $399 for a Kinect-less Xbox One SKU is still too expensive

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Honestly, $399 for a Kinect-less Xbox One SKU is still too expensive

User Info: Dark World Ruler

Dark World Ruler
3 years ago#1
You can currently get an Xbox One with Kinect and either Titanfall or Forza 5 for $100 more. I have even seen those bundles priced at $450-$470 from various sellers, brand new.

The $399 SKU should have come with a free game really, or been priced at $349.
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
3 years ago#2
Yeah, I agree with you. But they're hoping people won't do the math. They're hoping that they'll just see $399.99 and rush out to buy an Xbox One.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue

User Info: ImThe8thWonder

ImThe8thWonder
3 years ago#3
Admittedly, that is some solid logic. Those current prices, however, are more like temporary promotions rather than anything else. They're trying to cut down on excess stock.
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.

User Info: warz0r09

warz0r09
3 years ago#4
Those bundles won't last forever as they have stopped production of them so once they are gone then the 399$ one will look as the better deal unless you want Kinect.

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
3 years ago#5
Not too expensive for me. I bought a PS4 for $400 without any games. I think I'd be able to afford a Xbox One for $400 as well.

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
3 years ago#6
userfrigginame posted...
Not too expensive for me. I bought a PS4 for $400 without any games. I think I'd be able to afford a Xbox One for $400 as well.

Not seeing the value =/= can't afford
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
3 years ago#7
DarkAdonis123 posted...
userfrigginame posted...

To me, the PS4 is just as valuable as the Xbox One right now.

User Info: Joey-Zaza

Joey-Zaza
3 years ago#8
I'm hoping that they'll throw in a free game sometime toward the end of summer.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I

User Info: 3HP

3HP
3 years ago#9
I would buy a Kinect-less SKU for the most at $350 but I would prefer the Kinect to be included at $350.

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
3 years ago#10
DarkAdonis123 posted...
userfrigginame posted...

if they put the price to $1 people like you would probably still find somethign to complain about
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Honestly, $399 for a Kinect-less Xbox One SKU is still too expensive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived