Witcher 3 dev says resolution is 'more of a PR differentiation'

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Witcher 3 dev says resolution is 'more of a PR differentiation'

User Info: StrongBlackVine

StrongBlackVine
2 years ago#11
CD Projekt Red has made making The Witcher 3 the most graphically impressive game ever their goal and they primarily PC developers. Them saying 720p is no different from 1080p is pretty much Microsoft sponsored damage control.

I wonder if they would release a game that runs 720p at max settings for PC and say it doesn't make a difference? The answer is Hell no.

User Info: BoneRevolution

BoneRevolution
2 years ago#12
StrongBlackVine posted...
CD Projekt Red has made making The Witcher 3 the most graphically impressive game ever their goal and they primarily PC developers. Them saying 720p is no different from 1080p is pretty much Microsoft sponsored damage control.

I wonder if they would release a game that runs 720p at max settings for PC and say it doesn't make a difference? The answer is Hell no.

KZSF was both 1080p and 720p. No one could tell. It's more of a PR thing.

User Info: billOriley

billOriley
2 years ago#13
not gonna name any names, but i remember last gen when there were some ppl that's posting in this topic made a big deal about resolution like rdr being at 640p on the ps3 and 720p on the 360. Now they're doing 180s and saying it's not a big deal for current games.
Microsoft on core gamers: "Sweaty 30 Year Olds In Metallica T-shirts"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Witcher 3 dev says resolution is 'more of a PR differentiation'

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived