Microsoft says it remains committed to Kinect despite Xbox One bundle w/o kinect

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft says it remains committed to Kinect despite Xbox One bundle w/o kinect

User Info: That_Damn_Kid

That_Damn_Kid
3 years ago#1
http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/microsoft-says-it-remains-committed-to-kinect-despite-offering-xbox-one-bundle-without-the-accessory

"Despite offering a new Xbox One bundle without Kinect for $399, $100 less than the Xbox One’s $499 launch price, according to Matt Booty, Microsoft’s general manager of games, the company remains committed to the accessory......"

Booty? Really?

Seriously though, I hope they get out some games that will make me buy a kinect.
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89/// X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS

User Info: dnmt

dnmt
3 years ago#2
Let's be honest here, outside of voice commands the Kinect will never see much if any use.

User Info: Ramsus082

Ramsus082
3 years ago#3
I can't wait for Kinect PC, it seems like the perfect peripheral for PC gaming. Might even get me to upgrade to Windows 8.
XboxOne poster of the week: billsfann01, for a failed alt attempt
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69406320/786257887

User Info: OpheliaAdenade

OpheliaAdenade
3 years ago#4
It wouldn't be good PR for them to say "welp, we're done with the kinect. Chuck that thing in the bin!"
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.

User Info: spacejamjordanz

spacejamjordanz
3 years ago#5
For now...
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138

User Info: L4YER_CAKE

L4YER_CAKE
3 years ago#6
Yeah, and I'll remain committed to my ex-girlfriend too...
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.

User Info: ImDyinSquirtle

ImDyinSquirtle
3 years ago#7
OpheliaAdenade posted...
It wouldn't be good PR for them to say "welp, we're done with the kinect. Chuck that thing in the bin!"

This.

People are way too gullible when it comes to corporate PR, and that explains perfectly why companies like EA, Activision, and Microsoft get away cleanly with selling shoddy practices and products.
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying

User Info: CRASS5000

CRASS5000
3 years ago#8
Don't talk about it, be about it.
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
3 years ago#9
what they actually meant is that they will give the same level of commitment they were giving it before

which is not committed at all.
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
3 years ago#10
I'll be honest.

I lol'd when I read the headline
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft says it remains committed to Kinect despite Xbox One bundle w/o kinect

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived