what's so great about Halo 2 multiplayer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. what's so great about Halo 2 multiplayer?

User Info: newsuperdude

newsuperdude
3 years ago#31
Really, going back to Halo 2 recently, it doesn't hold up that well. There have been better Halo games since then. People just have a lot of nostalgia for it because at the time Halo was the only big console FPS and it was one of the first console games with online multiplayer that a lot of poo people played. I have tons of nostalgia for Halo 2, but when I go back and play it, all of the guns are s*** and it's not as good as 3 or Reach.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/superdude-2.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/Speeddemon1414/Set5/superdude10294.jpg

User Info: POPSHU_FRUITCHU

POPSHU_FRUITCHU
3 years ago#32
newsuperdude posted...
Really, going back to Halo 2 recently, it doesn't hold up that well. There have been better Halo games since then. People just have a lot of nostalgia for it because at the time Halo was the only big console FPS and it was one of the first console games with online multiplayer that a lot of poo people played. I have tons of nostalgia for Halo 2, but when I go back and play it, all of the guns are s*** and it's not as good as 3 or Reach.

I thought the servers were down? Do you have a broke in version?
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"

User Info: Pibugo

Pibugo
3 years ago#33
Aww, I had an absolute blast with Halo 2, whether it came to campaign, co-operative campaign, split screen with friends or multiplayer. Just curious, who else were there when the Xbox's games' online capability were removed, and who else were playing Halo 2 at that time? (raises hand :D)

But I disagree with Halo 3 being inferior to 2. CE was great, but Halo 2 & 3 were equally fun (I could say Halo 2 was more enjoyable, but I admit that'd be mostly just nostalgia, honestly)
For me, the Halo that kinda got me out of the series was Reach. I just didn't like the multiplayer, at all. (I did like the campaign, forging, custom modes and especially Firefight, but the matchmaking experience itself never really caught me)
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther

User Info: newsuperdude

newsuperdude
3 years ago#34
POPSHU_FRUITCHU posted...
newsuperdude posted...

I thought the servers were down? Do you have a broke in version?

They are, but I can still play split screen.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/superdude-2.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/Speeddemon1414/Set5/superdude10294.jpg

User Info: VoidBeyond

VoidBeyond
3 years ago#35
MicrosoftLover posted...
crucial posted...
IMO its the best mp game on a console of all time,it's fast paced,balanced,great maps some of the best ever,great weapons and just fun that takes some skill,its much better then 1 and 3 when it comes to mp and it had a cool SP campaign as well which makes it that much better,most people bought a OG xbox just for that game like me,I was all about PS2 back then but this game alone made me a non fanboy overnight.

This.

You can also change your character's colors. I chose pink and destroyed EVERYONE!

It's not pink, it's lightish red.
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk

User Info: POPSHU_FRUITCHU

POPSHU_FRUITCHU
3 years ago#36
VoidBeyond posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
crucial posted...
IMO its the best mp game on a console of all time,it's fast paced,balanced,great maps some of the best ever,great weapons and just fun that takes some skill,its much better then 1 and 3 when it comes to mp and it had a cool SP campaign as well which makes it that much better,most people bought a OG xbox just for that game like me,I was all about PS2 back then but this game alone made me a non fanboy overnight.

This.

You can also change your character's colors. I chose pink and destroyed EVERYONE!

It's not pink, it's lightish red.

Hehe, rvb is awesome!
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"

User Info: _Doomguy_

_Doomguy_
3 years ago#37
AgentLocke posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Nothing, people are just blinded by nostalgia.

And your blinded by your need to be a hater. I remember damn well why halo 2 is so good. It's been said over and over on every video game forum on the Internet, I'm not gonna waist my breath explaining it. Keep being a hater tho.

I bought an Xbox 360 just for Halo 3 ok ya i'm a hater....
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!

User Info: Millertime660

Millertime660
3 years ago#38
_Doomguy_ posted...
AgentLocke posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Nothing, people are just blinded by nostalgia.

And your blinded by your need to be a hater. I remember damn well why halo 2 is so good. It's been said over and over on every video game forum on the Internet, I'm not gonna waist my breath explaining it. Keep being a hater tho.

I bought an Xbox 360 just for Halo 3 ok ya i'm a hater....

Its official! We have proof!

User Info: redeyes6778

redeyes6778
3 years ago#39
Does the MCC have multi player for each Halo? I thought it was just the singleplayer campaigns for 1-3 and the multi player would be halo 4 only

User Info: Millertime660

Millertime660
3 years ago#40
All multiplayers mashed into one interface. 100+ maps
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. what's so great about Halo 2 multiplayer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived