inquisitr--"PS4 vs Xbox One: Cloud Planned as Microsoft's Secret Weapon?"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. inquisitr--"PS4 vs Xbox One: Cloud Planned as Microsoft's Secret Weapon?"

User Info: OpheliaAdenade

OpheliaAdenade
3 years ago#11
zerooo0 posted...
I like how people are acting like experts over stuff that they are not even working on. Why is it so hard just to wait and see if their is any results from this "Cloud Tech"? Surely you would expect MS to consider all of the possible factors that could go into play, so instead of speculating lets just wait and see.

"Cloud Tech" is just a nice way of saying "Always-online-DRM." The benefits will be miniscule, but they'll still be able to tell you that you can't play the game if you aren't online since you aren't "tapped into the power of the cloud."

:u Don't let yourselves be tricked by this blast processing nonsense.
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
3 years ago#12
zerooo0 posted...
I like how people are acting like experts over stuff that they are not even working on. Why is it so hard just to wait and see if their is any results from this "Cloud Tech"? Surely you would expect MS to consider all of the possible factors that could go into play, so instead of speculating lets just wait and see.

You can not work on something and still know how it works. You think that anyone that isn't part of Microsoft can't know what they're talking about when it comes to technology? That's like saying you can't know the first thing about special effects because you aren't working on Star Wars Episode 7.

User Info: xxnogamerxx

xxnogamerxx
3 years ago#13
OpheliaAdenade posted...
zerooo0 posted...

"Cloud Tech" is just a nice way of saying "Always-online-DRM." The benefits will be miniscule, but they'll still be able to tell you that you can't play the game if you aren't online since you aren't "tapped into the power of the cloud."

:u Don't let yourselves be tricked by this blast processing nonsense.

Clown Shoes

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 years ago#14
zerooo0 posted...
I like how people are acting like experts over stuff that they are not even working on. Why is it so hard just to wait and see if their is any results from this "Cloud Tech"?

Yes, you've noticed the "experts" too, eh? People who have nothing to do with development and design speaking with certainty about what can and can't be done.

I agree with you, wait and see what happens.

I don't consider myself a fan of Microsoft, and I find it hard to believe anything coming out of Spencer's mouth, but I'm not at the point where I'm going to consider everything Microsoft says as lies--but I'm not necessarily going to take their word for it either.

That's why I believe in the "wait and see" approach.
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
3 years ago#15
TehPwnzerer posted...
stuff that they are not even working on. Why is it so hard just to wait and see if their is any results from this "Cloud Tech"? Surely you would expect MS to consider all of the possible factors that could go into play, so instead of speculating lets just wait and see.

You can not work on something and still know how it works. You think that anyone that isn't part of Microsoft can't know what they're talking about when it comes to technology? That's like saying you can't know

I would certainly trust MS over any random conspiracy poster on Gamefaqs that's for sure.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton

User Info: orestes1981

orestes1981
3 years ago#16
Sniper_Brosef posted...
orestes1981 posted...

4) If you suffer an internet outage/system goes down, the Cloud will dissipate just like....a cloud.

The only point of yours that is correct and it's a meaningless one at that since internet stability is an issue of the f***ing dial up eras.

Rebuttal:
http://mashable.com/2012/10/26/cloud-history/

I guess someone didn't know that Amazon was doing this since 2002....Eleven years before the launch of the Xbox One.
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher

User Info: avanent

avanent
3 years ago#17
I think their secret weapon is just rotating hypothetical yet currently undeliverable promises.

User Info: toolman129

toolman129
3 years ago#18
orestes1981 posted...
2) Because of current ISPs limiting bandwidth, there is too much latency for it to really matter.

What isps limit bandwidth? Most have tiered pricing.

And with cable/dsl/fiber, how does that have anything to do with latency?

Are you confusing bandwidth with data caps somehow and just throwing in latency because you think it sounds good?
GT: NightlordHypn0s
PSN: Saakk

User Info: Bladez_89

Bladez_89
3 years ago#19
toolman129 posted...
orestes1981 posted...
2) Because of current ISPs limiting bandwidth, there is too much latency for it to really matter.

Are you confusing bandwidth with data caps somehow and just throwing in latency because you think it sounds good?

Do some research into net neutrality.
Gamertag: B1ADE5

User Info: toolman129

toolman129
3 years ago#20
Bladez_89 posted...
toolman129 posted...
orestes1981 posted...

Do some research into net neutrality.

Context? I know about net neutrality.

Still wondering about that latency.
GT: NightlordHypn0s
PSN: Saakk
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. inquisitr--"PS4 vs Xbox One: Cloud Planned as Microsoft's Secret Weapon?"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived