inquisitr--"PS4 vs Xbox One: Cloud Planned as Microsoft's Secret Weapon?"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. inquisitr--"PS4 vs Xbox One: Cloud Planned as Microsoft's Secret Weapon?"

User Info: YOLOSWAGBRO

YOLOSWAGBRO
3 years ago#21
The Cloud is going to be amazing once it is fully realized. I just downloaded some RAM for my computer the other day and now it is so much faster. The Internet is replacing hardware. The future is gonna be off the hook.
Squat: 295, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 370

User Info: TauriLeader

TauriLeader
3 years ago#22
I would not say a secret weapon for all we know Sony are working on it as well and not advertising it every week.

For example Sony's ICE team are working on dev kit upgrades and said there would be no PR song and dance when it is finished while Phil kept stating how amazing the June update will be.
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

User Info: orestes1981

orestes1981
3 years ago#23
toolman129 posted...
Bladez_89 posted...
toolman129 posted...
orestes1981 posted...
2) Because of current ISPs limiting bandwidth, there is too much latency for it to really matter.

What isps limit bandwidth? Most have tiered pricing.

And with cable/dsl/fiber, how does that have anything to do with latency?

Are you confusing bandwidth with data caps somehow and just throwing in latency because you think it sounds good?

Do some research into net neutrality.

Context? I know about net neutrality.

Still wondering about that latency.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2224706/microsoft-subnet/debunking-xbox-one-cloud-myths.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

If you do not know about latency, and why it will be impossible for Microsoft to be able to do what they claim, there are "introduction to computer" classes available to provide answers.
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher

User Info: toolman129

toolman129
3 years ago#24
You don't understand.

I'm not arguing or even mentioning latency in regards to Microsoft's use of the cloud.

I'm questioning your ability to understand bandwidth and latency, and the relationship between them.

Reading what you wrote and I originally quoted, you'd be much better served reading whatever you linked I'm sure.
GT: NightlordHypn0s
PSN: Saakk
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. inquisitr--"PS4 vs Xbox One: Cloud Planned as Microsoft's Secret Weapon?"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived