Activision Blizzard Inc. is spending $500 million to market and develop Destiny

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Activision Blizzard Inc. is spending $500 million to market and develop Destiny

User Info: Sniper_Brosef

Sniper_Brosef
3 years ago#41
bob15x posted...
you are just plain useless aren't you.Yep every dollar from the sale at Bestbuy, EB ext goes to the developer.Please stop trying, you are just proving to everyone you have no clue.fyi, where are you calculations for the salaries, maintenance, server costs, other overhead etc for the 10 years? or do you think everyone will work for free and the servers will be housed outside with perpetual energy?

This is your original post. You were asking about all these costs and overhead projections for ten years when Kotick specifically stated that this is the slated budget with all these costs in mind. Specifically, you called out server maintenance and salaries. Salaries are included in development costs and servers would be infrastructure in the quote. WTF are you talking about bob?
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: BobbyB3000

BobbyB3000
3 years ago#42
Sniper_Brosef posted...
bob15x posted...
you are just plain useless aren't you.Yep every dollar from the sale at Bestbuy, EB ext goes to the developer.Please stop trying, you are just proving to everyone you have no clue.fyi, where are you calculations for the salaries, maintenance, server costs, other overhead etc for the 10 years? or do you think everyone will work for free and the servers will be housed outside with perpetual energy?

This is your original post. You were asking about all these costs and overhead projections for ten years when Kotick specifically stated that this is the slated budget with all these costs in mind. Specifically, you called out server maintenance and salaries. Salaries are included in development costs and servers would be infrastructure in the quote. WTF are you talking about bob?

This guy is just gonna tell you you're wrong even though we both proved him he got his foot in his mouth... I'm actually 23 and an accountant just like that bob guy and sure salaries can go up with the budget but it is not like it will cost another 100 million to the budget
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
3 years ago#43
BobbyB3000 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
bob15x posted...

This guy is just gonna tell you you're wrong even though we both proved him he got his foot in his mouth... I'm actually 23 and an accountant just like that bob guy and sure salaries can go up with the budget but it is not like it will cost another 100 million to the budget

um no your not.

and fyi, that 500 mil is not even the budget. That looks like a number that was misinterpreted.

let me explain how things work in the world.

business plan is created.

There is initial budget that includes everything needed to go from start to finish to the sales floor from infrastructure, salaries, marketing etc etc.

Then the another budget is done with expected yearly ongoing costs. These include maintenance of infrastructure, salaries, marketing etc etc.

Then they look at revenue and calculate how long it will take to recover the initial costs of the project and a calculation when the project will be profitable.

That business plan is looked at by the board of directors and is analyzed. The decision is made from that whether the investment in the initial costs are sound and a yay or nay is done.

If the costs are underestimated, or the revenue streams are overestimated the project will most likely fail.

in a nutshell.

now what we seem to have hear is the journalists reporting a 500 million dollar budget for development of the game, which as I have stated over and over are all costs associated with developing and marketing the game.

But the truth was, the 500 million dollar comment seems to be just a off the top of the head comment that they are willing to invest 500 million dollars into the game. That number is not even real, and its definitely not in any way a budget.

They have stated in things I have just read that the budget is no where near 500 million.

User Info: Sniper_Brosef

Sniper_Brosef
3 years ago#44
BobbyB3000 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
bob15x posted...

I'm just afraid he feels like he's "too far down the rabbit hole" and will just keep digging. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: SupaflyGibson

SupaflyGibson
3 years ago#45
chedibang1994 posted...
skermac posted...
MM0's don't normally do that well. I guess they are banking on it being a Halo clone? No way I would spend $500 million on a game unless it was a series with a proven track record.

I guess they are gambling on their name alone let's hope it works out or this game be worst than titanfall

You know this is a multiplat right? And that titanfall outsold infamous?
gt: For Spartaa

User Info: mrpic

mrpic
3 years ago#46
ops post just confirms how most gamers now are entitled and dont realize the best game they have never played is likely becuase they overlooked it and bought cod instead

Variety is the spice of life kids

User Info: BobbyB3000

BobbyB3000
3 years ago#47
bob15x posted...
BobbyB3000 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
bob15x posted...

um no your not.

and fyi, that 500 mil is not even the budget. That looks like a number that was misinterpreted.

let me explain how things work in the world.

business plan is created.

There is initial budget that includes everything needed to go from start to finish to the sales floor from infrastructure, salaries, marketing etc etc.

Then the another budget is done with expected yearly ongoing costs. These include maintenance of infrastructure, salaries, marketing etc etc.

Then they look at revenue and calculate how long it will take to recover the initial costs of the project and a calculation when the project will be profitable.

That business plan is looked at by the board of directors and is analyzed. The decision is made from that whether the investment in the initial costs are sound and a yay or nay is done.

If the costs are underestimated, or the revenue streams are overestimated the project will most likely fail.

in a nutshell.

now what we seem to have hear is the journalists reporting a 500 million dollar budget for development of the game, which as I have stated over and over are all costs associated with developing and marketing the game.

But the truth was, the 500 million dollar comment seems to be just a off the top of the head comment that they are willing to invest 500 million dollars into the game. That number is not even real, and its definitely not in any way a budget.

They have stated in things I have just read that the budget is no where near 500 million.

Lol how are you going to tell me I'm not an accountant when I graduated last year with a BBA in accounting and got hired as an accountant

And yes your copy and paste mumbo jumbo of what a business plan, they are projecting to spend 500 mil and hey if sales slips a lil which it probably will not activision also has call of duty and even those skylander games
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
3 years ago#48
I wonder when this topic is going to dissolve into a MS vs Sony deba-

SupaflyGibson posted...
You know this is a multiplat right? And that titanfall outsold infamous?

and there it is...
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: skermac

skermac
3 years ago#49
BobbyB3000 posted...
Activision Blizzard Inc. is spending $500 million to market and develop the game

NBobbyB3000 posted...
skermac posted...
Plzstopflaming posted...
skermac posted...
$500 million is total budget, marketing and everything. They need to to make way more than $500 million to make a profit and for this game to be a success.

Activision Blizzard Inc. is spending $500 million to market and develop the game.

They need to make 500 million in 10 years to break even. Not at release. And again you aren't including DLC/Microtransactions/collectors editions. Or anything.

Name one game that makes money 10 years after release? just one! In a year only used resellers will be profitting.

skermac you are mistaking them spending 500 mil and projecting to spend 500 mil
the 500 mil is the set budget as of right now projected for destiny and its sequals/dlc/etc. obviously the budget can increase over the years but that is what activision and bungie have set

It doesn't say project, it states: Activision Blizzard Inc. IS spending $500 million to market and develop the game.

Are you saying they will spend $50 million a year on this game for marketing and developing and dlc over a 10 year period? lol Talk about wishful thinking!
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: MicrosoftLover

MicrosoftLover
3 years ago#50
This game is completely overhyped!

I played the Alpha and watched every single trailer and video out there and it's not something I will be spending my hard earned cash on!

When will people see this? It makes me really upset that this kind of money is going into Destiny when it could've gone into Titanfall.

AND even still Titanfall has more replay value than Destiny. Wait and see.
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Activision Blizzard Inc. is spending $500 million to market and develop Destiny

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived