Where did X1 suddenly get extra GPU power from?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Where did X1 suddenly get extra GPU power from?

User Info: Brandy1977

Brandy1977
3 years ago#1
Was reading earlier about some game that may get a boost in resolution post launch thanks to some sort of extra GPU or something.
http://i.imgur.com/VExgt5d.png

User Info: Homie_202

Homie_202
3 years ago#2
I believe they are referring to not having the kinect hooked up. They keep saying it is going to give the console a slight power boost. But if you have the kinect hooked up it won't do anything.

User Info: Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90
3 years ago#3
A certain percentage of xbox one was reserved for kinect when it came to developing games. Developers no longer have to use connect so those resources are free. Doesn't make the console itself any stronger.

User Info: lunaticcore

lunaticcore
3 years ago#4
Homie_202 posted...
I believe they are referring to not having the kinect hooked up. They keep saying it is going to give the console a slight power boost. But if you have the kinect hooked up it won't do anything.

False.

There is certain features of the Kinect that the developer can turn off during the games and directly tap into the resources that were reserved for these features. The gamer doesn't have to disconnect anything, and the Kinect still retains some features and usefulness like all the voice commands to go back to dash and record gameplay.

Basically Developers now have a choice to run their games in a Kinect limited environment, but the Dash feature still work when you minimize the game and you can still use certain voice commands all the time.
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng

User Info: x1STP_KLOSRx

x1STP_KLOSRx
3 years ago#5
Homie_202 posted...

Why do people post false information? The Kinect used up a certain percentage of power. Microsoft is now allowing developers to use this power on future games rather than allocating it to the Kinect. The Kinect can stay plugged in at all times and you'll still see the performance boost as long as the developer takes advantage of it.

The Kinect being plugged in or not changes nothing.

User Info: aheroafake

aheroafake
3 years ago#6
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Homie_202 posted...

Why do people post false information? The Kinect used up a certain percentage of power. Microsoft is now allowing developers to use this power on future games rather than allocating it to the Kinect. The Kinect can stay plugged in at all times and you'll still see the performance boost as long as the developer takes advantage of it.

The Kinect being plugged in or not changes nothing.

Maybe those people don't know the information is false.
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
3 years ago#7
It's a really simple concept, guys.

Just think of the Xbox as an octopus, and seven of it's eight tentacles are lifting dumbbells, and one is performing sign-language.

It means that most of the octopus is being used for brute strength, but one limb is being used for gestures. What they're doing now is simply placing an eighth dumbbell on the ground beside the tentacle doing the sign language, so it can pick it up and put it down on a whim - it can't do both at the same time, but it can pick and choose when to do either.
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/

User Info: roperpoker

roperpoker
3 years ago#8
SigmaLongshot posted...

Just think of the Xbox as an octopus, and seven of it's eight tentacles are lifting dumbbells, and one is performing sign-language.

It means that most of the octopus is being used for brute strength, but one limb is being used for gestures. What they're doing now is simply placing an eighth dumbbell on the ground beside the tentacle doing the sign language, so it can pick it up and put it down on a whim - it can't do both at the same time, but it can pick and choose when to do either.

I love that, never have I heard an Octopus used in an analogy - brilliantly presented too. Beer? :D
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
3 years ago#9
Brandy1977 posted...
Was reading earlier about some game that may get a boost in resolution post launch thanks to some sort of extra GPU or something.

it makes the bone quite a bit more powerful than the ps4 now.
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Cantabile Wind, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
3 years ago#10
roperpoker posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

I love that, never have I heard an Octopus used in an analogy - brilliantly presented too. Beer? :D

Well, I've got to say, this is only the second time a weightlifting cephalopod has won me a drink!

DONE DEAL, CHAP! Beer me! Eight pints please, one for each limb.
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Where did X1 suddenly get extra GPU power from?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived