Xbox Kinect - Commands - Response - Hand gestures

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Kinect - Commands - Response - Hand gestures

User Info: DoggiesLipstick

DoggiesLipstick
2 years ago#1
Hi, I only just got my set up on Friday and i am happy apart from a few Kinect teething problems. Sometimes it works 100% fine and other times it can be un-responsive as hell! Does anyone else have trouble with simply commands?

- I will sometimes say "Xbox play disk" and it will 'Play Music' - Other things simply do nothing?

I think the fact that you have to say certain things spot on doesn't help. Like sometimes i will say "Xbox store" and because i didn't say 'Go to' it does nothing.

- I think you should be able to program your own commands. As everyone uses different words. My girlfriend makes fun of it and its lack of response at times. I tell her that iv programmed it to ignore her and find myself telling it to do things whilst sneakily using the remote to try and save its dignity.

- As for hand gestures, well I am unable to get that to work full stop.

Anyone else having the same issues or is there any tips?
I punch Nun's for fun

User Info: Millertime660

Millertime660
2 years ago#2
Yeah it has a learning curve.... xbox go to is a pretty key phrase. When you get it right it works pretty much every time.

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
2 years ago#3
This may help.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-kinect-gesture-and-voice-guide

User Info: DoggiesLipstick

DoggiesLipstick
2 years ago#4
slyman19 posted...
This may help.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-kinect-gesture-and-voice-guide

Ah cool - I have printed off the PDF. Thanks
I punch Nun's for fun
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Kinect - Commands - Response - Hand gestures

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived