Are physical games superior to digital games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are physical games superior to digital games?

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
2 years ago#1
Are physical games superior to digital games? - Results (236 votes)
Physical games are superior
61.86% (146 votes)
Digital games are superior
11.86% (28 votes)
They're the same
26.27% (62 votes)
This poll is now closed.
topic

User Info: Kipbondur

Kipbondur
2 years ago#2
......they're the same game?

User Info: TOhasNoRing

TOhasNoRing
2 years ago#3
This is all opinion based. Whats the point of this poll?
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
2 years ago#4
Depends, to me, so I'm not voting. I prefer digital on handhelds so I don't have to carry around all the games. I prefer physical on consoles, but I still do buy digital if I don't feel like going to the store or would rather just have it easy access without having to look for the case.

Hucast9
2 years ago#5
Maybe they're the same game, but suppose you're trying to find Xenosaga 3 for PS2 right now in mint condition with its box and manual or some NES game like that. You have to admit that digital games can not occupy a physical space, therefore, one could argue that they are less than a physical game.

ShippFFXI
2 years ago#6
Hucast9 posted...
Maybe they're the same game, but suppose you're trying to find Xenosaga 3 for PS2 right now in mint condition with its box and manual or some NES game like that. You have to admit that digital games can not occupy a physical space, therefore, one could argue that they are less than a physical game.

They also can't get lost or broken. Gotta look at all the sides to it.

Hucast9
2 years ago#7
Everything sold through the original Xbox on the original Xbox Live is gone, yet you can go to a mom and pop shop and pick up an NES, Atari, or Super NES game. Does this make digital inferior?

User Info: dnmt

dnmt
2 years ago#8
Generally yes although for me it mostly comes down to price.

ShippFFXI
2 years ago#9
Hucast9 posted...
Everything sold through the original Xbox on the original Xbox Live is gone, yet you can go to a mom and pop shop and pick up an NES, Atari, or Super NES game. Does this make digital inferior?

Again, this depends. Not everyone lives in a large cosmopolitan area where they can run down to a mom and pop shop to pick up a specific game from a console that died nearly two decades ago.

I've picked up a few NES gems from the 3DS that I have no way of getting otherwise unless I pay way more than it's worth on eBay.

User Info: MusuoJoe

MusuoJoe
2 years ago#10
I think there just more convenient.. But that's just me again..
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are physical games superior to digital games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived