Are Gamers easily exploited?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are Gamers easily exploited?

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
3 years ago#51
GladiatorDanger posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Sure.

Are you counting all the optional objectives on those missions?

Getting the all the cassette tapes (which are over an hour in length and detail Chico's story over him climbing 60 miles of mountains to get into the base to Paz and Skull Face's final face to face chat) Along with the music.

S-ranking every mission?

Playing on the hard difficulty on each mission?

S-ranking on hard?

Completing all the trials?

Yeah it's around 16 hours to hit 100%.

I've been replaying it because it's FUN! Tons of replay value. I just ask friends for restrictions, (Throwing weapons only, crawl only) and go.

Yes that is including the optional objectives, skipping all the optional objectives you can complete the main campaign in a little over 10 minutes. The fact that the game dangles performance benchmarks over your head does not make up for the game's short length and the fact that you need to place arbitrary restrictions on yourself to make all the subsequent playthroughs you feel you need to do to get value out of the game only shows how bad value the game is, you can do this in any game ever made, games with far bigger arsenals and more varied environments and far more tactical options that actually give you more ways to play the game than merely picking a path to sneak to the objective, once you have already sneaked in one way the others aren't really all that different experientially.

Tell me truthfully, would you still be so quick to defend this game if it wasn't a Metal Gear Solid title?

You can speed run Morrowind in under 4 minutes.

And the game has various routes. I mean I found out building hopping was far better than what I had been using before. I can see what you mean where you stick to one route.... But I don't.

And yes it is short. But it's an expansion pack. That's what it is. Originally an expansion for Peace Walker then turned to a expansion for TPP before that releases. Yet it's far longer than most games nowadays.

And the varied routes are more detailed than how most "stealth" games want you to prefer one route like AC for example.

Anyhow would I still defend it if it wasn't a Metal Gear title? Considering I've bashed Metal Gear Solid 4 on here.... Yes I would if it was still good. If it was an indie game and this was all the content in it..... Maybe not.

But hey $20 for around 6-7 hours for the missions on one run and not getting collectibles?

Most modern games have campaigns around that level.

Maybe it's because I like Platinum games and am used to short games.

I mean I thought Infamous Second Son was good and that actually takes around the same time to 100% as Ground Zeroes

User Info: GladiatorDanger

GladiatorDanger
3 years ago#52
You can only achieve that time in Morrowind through exploits and skipping the missions that are supposed to lead up to the finale, not to mention the vast amount of side content you also miss out on, the times I have given are the times it takes to complete ALL the content Ground Zeroes has to offer, of course you "can" replay the missions again and again in an effort to achieve the performance benchmarks set by the game however this does not count as anyone with half a brain can see that the performance benchmarks are little more than a gimmick to disguise how woefully short the game is and that you can replay any game ever made in existence.

And yes there are multiple paths to get to your objective but none of them offer much difference experientially to the other, taking one path over the other does not somehow change the gameplay or tactics you need to use in order to succeed, the only one that is even remotely different is the "hop in the back of the truck and get taken straight to the objective to win" option which requires little of the player other than to hop in the back of the truck that is right in front of the drop off point for your last objective. Coupled with the lack of equipment options Ground Zeroes is just horrible value and I have no idea how anyone could defend it.

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
3 years ago#53
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I know posters in this particular forum are easily exploited.

I know and I feel bad for them. They don't want to experience the finest for their money.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: AgentLocke

AgentLocke
3 years ago#54
The_Ivory_Man posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Over 30 hours put into GZ "wah wah wah it's a demo" too bad it takes longer to 100% than most games.

It's idiots only counting mission one of 7

It does not take 30 hours to complete all 7 missions, while you can replay the missions multiple times to artificially bump the play time up to 30 hours you can do this in any game, at most one playthrough of all 7 missions will take 5 hours and that is being generous.

Sure.

Getting the all the cassette tapes (which are over an hour in length and detail Chico's story over him climbing 60 miles of mountains to get into the base to Paz and Skull Face's final face to face chat) Along with the music.

S-ranking every mission?

S-ranking on hard?

I've been replaying it because it's FUN! Tons of replay value. I just ask friends for restrictions, (Throwing weapons only, crawl only) and go.

I think people who hate on Metal Gear simply don't get the franchise. I could beat MGS in 2-3 hours and played it every day when I was a kid. There is not a single game I've beat as much as that game. If other people are getting 15-30 hours out of $30 dollars who the f*** are you people to tell us we waisted money? Every time I load this site, some random a** hat goes out of their way to verbally attack someone simply because they spent money on something you don't agree with? F*** that, spend your money on what you want to spend it on. On topic I agree things are getting overboard this past year, but its simple, like I just said spend your money on what YOU want and none of it should affect you.

Seriously this Ground Zeros crap is getting annoying, will you people give it up? It is separate content then the full game, which is at least a year away. So it bugs you that bad that some people/fans wanna play some new MG before then? On top of it bugging you that people are actually getting their money's worth out of it? Again F*** off with all that. I spend 30 dollars on less memorable things constantly and I have no doubt you people do to.
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)

The_Ivory_Man
3 years ago#55
AgentLocke posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Over 30 hours put into GZ "wah wah wah it's a demo" too bad it takes longer to 100% than most games.

It's idiots only counting mission one of 7

It does not take 30 hours to complete all 7 missions, while you can replay the missions multiple times to artificially bump the play time up to 30 hours you can do this in any game, at most one playthrough of all 7 missions will take 5 hours and that is being generous.

Sure.

S-ranking every mission?

S-ranking on hard?

I think people who hate on Metal Gear simply don't get the franchise. I could beat MGS in 2-3 hours and played it every day when I was a kid. There is not a single game I've beat as much as that game. If other people are getting 15-30 hours out of $30 dollars who the f*** are you people to tell us we waisted money? Every time I load this site, some random a** hat goes out of their way to verbally attack someone simply because they spent money on something you don't agree with? F*** that, spend your money on what you want to spend it on. On topic I agree things are getting overboard this past year, but its simple, like I just said spend your money on what YOU want and none of it should affect you.

Seriously this Ground Zeros crap is getting annoying, will you people give it up? It is separate content then the full game, which is at least a year away. So it bugs you that bad that some people/fans wanna play some new MG before then? On top of it bugging you that people are actually getting their money's worth out of it? Again F*** off with all that. I spend 30 dollars on less memorable things constantly and I have no doubt you people do to.

Thank you, the complaining over what others buy (remasters mostly) is idiotic.

The_Ivory_Man
3 years ago#56
You can only achieve that time in Morrowind through exploits and skipping the missions that are supposed to lead up to the finale,

Sort of like say skipping the optional content or cutscenes?

not to mention the vast amount of side content you also miss out on, the times I have given are the times it takes to complete ALL the content Ground Zeroes has to offer, of course you "can" replay the missions again and again in an effort to achieve the performance benchmarks set by the game however this does not count as anyone with half a brain can see that the performance benchmarks are little more than a gimmick to disguise how woefully short the game is and that you can replay any game ever made in existence.

Other than the collectibles which you forgot, and hard difficulty

And yes there are multiple paths to get to your objective but none of them offer much difference experientially to the other, taking one path over the other does not somehow change the gameplay or tactics you need to use in order to succeed,

What are you expecting? BB to get into a helicopter and fly in? Nah you always sneak just in alternative ways. Creating distractions, dropping threats in front, pure ghosting....

the only one that is even remotely different is the "hop in the back of the truck and get taken straight to the objective to win" option which requires little of the player other than to hop in the back of the truck that is right in front of the drop off point for your last objective.

You can only do this in one mission, however you don't know where the fake tape is until you contact Brian.

Coupled with the lack of equipment options Ground Zeroes is just horrible value and I have no idea how anyone could defend it.

What other equipment do they need? Yeah sleeping gas mines, fulton, cardboard box are missing but are all returning in PP.

I doubt you have played the game so taking your comments seriously is very difficult to do.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are Gamers easily exploited?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived