Destiny beta is open - No more code beggin' necessary.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Destiny beta is open - No more code beggin' necessary.

User Info: pnut3844

pnut3844
3 years ago#21
jurfi1 posted...
werkz_destroyz posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Guys it takes a good 5-6 hours to download. Prob longer now that it's open and everyone will be downloading it.

Lmao 5/6hours if your on 56k...mine took 30 minutes the day it came out..

That is crazy man my internet is terrible and I dl mine in 30 min as well.

Well I use wifi tether with 4g lte, that could be why. Although it says it was dl'ing at 5mbps

User Info: zmouse

zmouse
3 years ago#22
pnut3844 posted...
Guys it takes a good 5-6 hours to download. Prob longer now that it's open and everyone will be downloading it.

10 mins, 85mbs d/l.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 years ago#23
jurfi1 posted...
werkz_destroyz posted...
pnut3844 posted...

That is crazy man my internet is terrible and I dl mine in 30 min as well.

Mine also took about 30 minutes..
Currently Playing: COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Gamertag: Syn Vengeance0

User Info: Evil Squall

Evil Squall
2 years ago#24
Mines at 10% done, started it around 7:30. Been four hours. SHould be done by the time Im done with with work tomorrow.

Best internet I can possibly get and probably the main reason I was super hesitant to jump into next gen. I dont even get the 360 games with gold due to size. DOnt care enough to even queue them up./ Easier to just go out and buy them versus downloading for free.

Edit: I do have to state this IS super slow for some reason compared to normal. The day one update today took less than an hour for 803 mb. Battlefield 4 updated in a bit over 2 hours (2.2GB). These speeds harken back to a few months ago before we upgraded to the fastest service we could get. We did have 1Mb/second for about 5 years. Finally called them to ask about quicker speeds, we now have up to 3Mb/sec access. Night and day difference, loving the quicker speeds.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50 - Gaige Lvl 61
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
2 years ago#25
I ended up playing for a couple of hours again tonight and it was pretty fun. I maxed out at level 8 now and did all the missions, so I am not sure if I am going to play the beta anymore...maybe.

I was extremely burnt out on shooters lately, but this game has enough RPG-like elements to keep me entertained. I think ill be purchasing it when it comes out.
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. - XBRO obsession --> http://i.imgur.com/WCKJOYY.jpg

User Info: cminc

cminc
2 years ago#26
Thanks for posting this man.
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS

User Info: Trigg3rH4ppy

Trigg3rH4ppy
2 years ago#27
werkz_destroyz posted...
pnut3844 posted...

15-20 minutes for me. Dude needs to get something better than AOL Dialup internet
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12

User Info: Trigg3rH4ppy

Trigg3rH4ppy
2 years ago#28
Evil Squall posted...
We did have 1Mb/second for about 5 years. Finally called them to ask about quicker speeds, we now have up to 3Mb/sec access. Night and day difference, loving the quicker speeds.

i.... feel bad for you man. I literally live in the middle of the woods and i get this
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3646587524
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
(message deleted)

User Info: nickr2d2

nickr2d2
2 years ago#30
The beta is 12-ish GB on current gen? It's only about 6 on 360... Unless I need to install more stuff after the initial download...
Monocle monocle tophat monocle
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Destiny beta is open - No more code beggin' necessary.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived