Who started that whole 1080p BS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Who started that whole 1080p BS?

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
2 years ago#51
kuter posted...
1080p "BS" started by devs claiming the X1 couldn't run games on 1080p.

Stardock CEO Brad Wardell--"In addition to this, Wardell also shared his view on what exactly is the reason behind developers being able to hit glorious 1080p on PlayStation 4 at will, with their games, as compared to Xbox One. He stated that its due to DDR5 vs DDR3 difference.

"When asked to elaborate a bit on "DDR5 vs DDR3", Wardell replied: "the difference is mainly bandwidth. DDR5 can get more stuff to and from the graphics system much much faster." "

The PS4--don't hate it because it's beautiful...
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."

User Info: Ashuri

Ashuri
2 years ago#52
If i want the best graphics possible on a single player, I get it on my PC. When i want to play with my friends and have some good multimedia control, I power up the X1/360. I use my PS4 for.... well... it's still up on craigslist... but if 1080p really mattered, everyone would be on PC honestly.
"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." - SomeLikeItHoth
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68277484

User Info: Radar

Radar
2 years ago#53
TBONE_OG posted...
I did. It was me... I'm to blame. Here's what happened...

One night long ago, I was out at a bar with some friends and we shooting some pool, talking the bs. You know -- having a good time. And out of nowhere some broad bumps into me, spilling my drink on my pants. Naturally, I was pissed. That was a high quality cocktail soaking into my underwear. As I turned to say, wtf, I was shocked and amazed to see this beautiful woman standing before me. I was flustered, embarrassed. standing there with a wet a crotch. Suddenly, these words just fell out of my mouth. "Wow... you're so hot, you must be in 1080p." Dead silence. I froze. What did I just say? That made no sense. She's not a crisp and clear video game in a top notch resolution. She's a real woman for Christ sake! Well, I did what any normal man would do after he says something completely idiotic. I looked up and smirked like a moron. At this time, my friends were on the other side of the pool table in awe, other bar patrons were in a daze, and this broad, this chick, this gorgeous woman just takes me in for a second, and says, "You're damn right I am." And the place just lost it. People went nuts. They were saying, OMG -- that's like the hottest thing ever! People were breaking chairs, throwing pool balls. I think one dude jumped out a window into the street and screamed, "1080p for me of nothing" and then got hit by a bus. When the police started hosing people down and making arrests, I lost sight of Miss 1080p in all the commotion. And to this day, I still yearn for her. Every chance I get I sneak by that bar time to time, just to see if she'll return. The search continues. One day I say. One day she'll be back... and hopefully this time... in 60fps.

I appreciate the gesture, but he didn't do it. I did. I didn't want to, and I didn't mean to, but I had to. In the end I was all but forced. But don't worry, I will do everything I can to make it right.
{missing_var_sig}

User Info: RippleLaser

RippleLaser
2 years ago#54
Still calling 1080p BS at 2014? Even mobile phones now are 1440p, don't tell me I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, because I can.

Xbone can't run it so it's BS?
Just according to keikaku*. *Keikaku means plan.
FC: 3308-4927-8051 Pansear Pyroar Braixen

User Info: SpikeTheSpaceCo

SpikeTheSpaceCo
2 years ago#55
Digital Foundry is making all kinds of ad revenue off this crap.
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"

User Info: Shadowfxd2

Shadowfxd2
2 years ago#56
RippleLaser posted...
Still calling 1080p BS at 2014? Even mobile phones now are 1440p, don't tell me I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, because I can.

of course it is, but some people need reassurance that they didn't waste $500 on a inferior console with a camera.

User Info: ht02135

ht02135
2 years ago#57
you xbone start to sound bitter :p

User Info: YumeOMiru

YumeOMiru
2 years ago#58
RippleLaser posted...

Yes.
Having a dream is essential to live.

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
2 years ago#59
Microsoft was classless and started the war; Sony responded with the PS4

http://majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: BoneRevolution

BoneRevolution
2 years ago#60
quincy2000a posted...
kuter posted...
1080p "BS" started by devs claiming the X1 couldn't run games on 1080p.

Stardock CEO Brad Wardell--"In addition to this, Wardell also shared his view on what exactly is the reason behind developers being able to hit glorious 1080p on PlayStation 4 at will, with their games, as compared to Xbox One. He stated that its due to DDR5 vs DDR3 difference.

"When asked to elaborate a bit on "DDR5 vs DDR3", Wardell replied: "the difference is mainly bandwidth. DDR5 can get more stuff to and from the graphics system much much faster." "

The PS4--don't hate it because it's beautiful...

Brad Wardell huh...I'm sure I heard this name before...oh yeah, he's that guy talking about DX12

“it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one” - Brad Wardell, Stardock CEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0trrEQzWE4
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Who started that whole 1080p BS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived