Sony is saying that the EA Access subscription for the X1 is not a good value

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sony is saying that the EA Access subscription for the X1 is not a good value

User Info: loafy013

loafy013
3 years ago#271
Geist posted...
It's amusing how rage filled this optional service has made some of you.

Because we fear this is the start of Horse Armor all over again and don't want to see it gain traction. If it takes off, expect other companies to start doing it as well. Would it still feel like a deal if every 3rd party company out there started a similar service for $30 a year?
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.

User Info: slowdog76

slowdog76
3 years ago#272
loafy013 posted...
Geist posted...

Because we fear this is the start of Horse Armor all over again and don't want to see it gain traction. If it takes off, expect other companies to start doing it as well. Would it still feel like a deal if every 3rd party company out there started a similar service for $30 a year?

look, worrying that it will all turn sour is perfectly reasonable - it is EA after all. but you can't live like that. its like not going out of the house because you might get hit by a car.

at the moment, its a great deal for some people, its not for others based on the games in the vault. thats it. if they change it in a crappy way? THEN complain and kick up a fuss. but we are not there yet. it may well be inevitable. but it isnt NOW.

as for everyone following suit, that is a valid concern i guess, but i can only see one company really being in a position possibly to be able to offer a similar service, that being ubisoft. i mean really....who else?

but, even if 4 or 5 did and i was to sign up for all for a year at £20 each; i currently am signed up to a game rental service and pay £11 per month for one game at a time. i have no choice over what i get from the list i put together. i can be left waiting for days if none of the games on the list are in stock. sometimes it can be months after release before you get a game you want
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius

User Info: starocean85

starocean85
3 years ago#273
PS+ has been great for years now. It consistently gave you AAA games every month for €50 per year(The cost of one AAA at release). It is looking less value for money lately though.

There is more to this than we are being told. I have a feeling that EA have told Sony that they have this new service and Sony will get x out of each sub. However I suspect there was a caveat in there.

I think it may have involved no more recent AAA games from EA coming to PS+. This would in turn not sit too well with Sony so they decided to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Just my thoughts on what may have gone on in the background

User Info: known2FAIL

known2FAIL
3 years ago#274
slowdog76 posted...
loafy013 posted...
Geist posted...

as for everyone following suit, that is a valid concern i guess, but i can only see one company really being in a position possibly to be able to offer a similar service, that being ubisoft. i mean really....who else?

Activision?
Guess what... I like Micheal Bay movies. Am I crazy? Nope. I'm a guy that likes movies that entertain me and don't judge movies under a microscope. Sue me
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sony is saying that the EA Access subscription for the X1 is not a good value

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived