COD vs Halo Better Levels/Setpieces

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. COD vs Halo Better Levels/Setpieces

User Info: foundryGod

foundryGod
3 years ago#1
I'm not talking about story, characters, weapons, or even the the game as a whole. I'm talking about a single level that makes you want to replay it. Both series have had some unique and varied level designs, but a few stand out for me:

Halo:CE - When you land on the Ring for the first time. Open landscape, the Warthog, even spots where fellow marines show up.

Halo 3 - When you get to take down a Scarab. Excellent.

Halo 3:ODST - I actually liked the open world hub. It was a different take on the formula.

COD 4 - The opening training level. Probably played that one for a few hours before ever starting the real game.

The ghille suit and long range sniper stage. That got intense the first time I played it.

COD MW2 - The level based off of the Estate MP map. From start to finish, it was just a rush.

COD Ghosts - The last two stages in the game on Veteran get pretty hairy, but awesome.

There are definitely some that I missed, but those are ones that I think best represent what a dev can do in a well crafted FPS. How about you?
GT: mustang197

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#2
Like it or not, I would consider COD4's mission design to be influencing just about every shooter to come out since.

But, that said, taken as a whole, Halo has far better level design. COD's level design nowadays is offensively claustrophobic and trite to the point that it feels like self parody.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
3 years ago#3
CoD definitely. Unless you like rocks and generic ship and stone corridors that is.
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.

User Info: Kipbondur

Kipbondur
3 years ago#4
I absolutely love the New Mombasa levels in Halo 2. Chasing down that Scarab and jumping onto it was always my favorite.
GT: Kip Bondur
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. COD vs Halo Better Levels/Setpieces

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived