Display & Sound Setting Crash?!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Display & Sound Setting Crash?!

User Info: XboxDruggie

XboxDruggie
3 years ago#1
Every time I've attempted to select the Display & Sound option while in the Settings app it pushes back out to the dashboard?

Any idea what's going in here or how to fix this?
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!

User Info: _MrENigma_

_MrENigma_
3 years ago#2
Try the hard reset and see if that fixes the issue.
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz

XboxDruggie
3 years ago#3
Will the hard reset erase all apps and games? If so, how so I re-download the games that are digital on my Xbox One? Are they linked to my GT or linked to the console's serial #?
XBL NocturnalFreak

User Info: Rdeal2

Rdeal2
3 years ago#4
XboxDruggie posted...
Will the hard reset erase all apps and games? If so, how so I re-download the games that are digital on my Xbox One? Are they linked to my GT or linked to the console's serial #?

No it will just fully reset your system, Just hold the power button until it turns off

_MrENigma_
3 years ago#5
Just do what Rdeal2 suggests. Just hold down on the power on/off until the system shuts off. Takes about 5 seconds to shut down. Everything will still be there. Games. profiles. DLC. the lot. Hopefully this works out for you.

XboxDruggie
3 years ago#6
Nope. Still crashes the Settings app when trying to go into Display & sound. Yet all other options in Settings work just fine.

Any other choices or fixes for this?
XBL NocturnalFreak

_MrENigma_
3 years ago#7
OK. I just tried it myself on my Xbox and I was able to access the "Display & Sound" settings without any issues. Maybe try just unplugging everything and leave it off and unplugged for a while and then reconnect and see if that helps. If that doesn't work then you might be in need of a new Xbox. :-/

User Info: Private_Noob

Private_Noob
3 years ago#8
Your sexbone 360p is trying to **** you. Smash it and buy a PlayStation Four NOW!
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!

XboxDruggie
3 years ago#9
Did the hard reset and when the console shut down then unplugged the power cord. Left it unplugged for at least 30 mins, after getting it booted back up it doing the same thing…

I'm even speaking with Xbox Support but they had me do the same thing - hold power button down for reset and unplug. What could possibly be causing this issue?
XBL NocturnalFreak

XboxDruggie
3 years ago#10
Can a few people on the board see if they have any issues accessing the Display & sound choice when in Settings. I'd greatly appreciate it.
XBL NocturnalFreak
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Display & Sound Setting Crash?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived