What game turned you into a gamer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game turned you into a gamer?

User Info: zephirraines

zephirraines
3 years ago#11
Jedi454 posted...
Super Mario Bros NES

Same.

User Info: Gothmogz

Gothmogz
3 years ago#12
pitfall
Gamertag: Alehappy

User Info: SenorQueso13

SenorQueso13
3 years ago#13
A handheld Pac man.
GT-Pandemic Jester PSN- Tsukuyomi333
Antec 900|i7 2600K|HD 6950 2GB|8GB DDR3|Antec Neo 650W|1TB HDD + 320GB HDD

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
3 years ago#14
Dragonfire, Demon Attack, Adventure and Riddle of the Sphinx for the Atari 2600. Those four more than anything else on the Atari were not just games I enjoyed and obsessed over, but games that made me imagine and dream about what games could one day become. I imagined sometimes avoiding enemies rather than fighting them, I imagined vast landscapes and epic adventures to explore, I imagined what demons and dragons and the like could look like as power increased and fidelity rose.

I'm still unsure if I would be wowed if I saw games today back then, or if I'd be disappointed. Once Myst and the FMV fad started, I was pretty much ready for all games to look as good as movies and TV, which tbh they still don't despite the amazing things achieved. I don't know that as a kid I would appreciate the difference between canned animation and polygonal 3D with complex physics. Even now, I know stuff like LA Noire is very canned with the facial animations and I still loved it and feel a pang of disappointment at hand-animated expressions that took more effort and are more flexible, but less realistic.
http://i.imgur.com/GJYBL1e.jpg
^ NeoGAF mod and Microsoft "shill" perma-banner bishoptl, wearing a spiffing new hat from his sponsors at Sony

User Info: BERZERKER17

BERZERKER17
3 years ago#15
Ryse.
R.I.P TimeSplitters 4, R.I.P FreeRadical, 21st December 2008.
XBL Gamertag: Catalytic Flash

User Info: mushlikeahusky2

mushlikeahusky2
3 years ago#16
I always played games growing up. Jak and Daxter, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Battle for Bikini Bottom, but I didn't get addicted to gaming and games until I played Skyrim. Before that I would only get 1 or 2 games a year but now I get at least 15-20 games a year not counting digital downloads. Skyrim really lit a fire for my gaming and opened me up to other games like Fallout 3.

User Info: Reel_Big_Mike

Reel_Big_Mike
3 years ago#17
Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.

User Info: Big Fan

Big Fan
3 years ago#18
Thr first Mortal Kombat in the arcade. Had played games before that, but more as something to do for a few minutes
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins

User Info: SexySextrain

SexySextrain
3 years ago#19
Spyro the dragon
What can you make of life? Without a lot of luck, nothing. And so, we despair, knowing that in the end, no one's there.

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
3 years ago#20
Tecmo bowl.
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game turned you into a gamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived