What game turned you into a gamer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game turned you into a gamer?

User Info: lovbbws

lovbbws
3 years ago#61
been a gamer since i played pong when it was originally in the arcade eons ago :)

User Info: lovbbws

lovbbws
3 years ago#62
scoobydoobydont posted...
Dragonfire, Demon Attack, Adventure and Riddle of the Sphinx for the Atari 2600. Those four more than anything else on the Atari were not just games I enjoyed and obsessed over, but games that made me imagine and dream about what games could one day become. I imagined sometimes avoiding enemies rather than fighting them, I imagined vast landscapes and epic adventures to explore, I imagined what demons and dragons and the like could look like as power increased and fidelity rose.

I'm still unsure if I would be wowed if I saw games today back then, or if I'd be disappointed. Once Myst and the FMV fad started, I was pretty much ready for all games to look as good as movies and TV, which tbh they still don't despite the amazing things achieved. I don't know that as a kid I would appreciate the difference between canned animation and polygonal 3D with complex physics. Even now, I know stuff like LA Noire is very canned with the facial animations and I still loved it and feel a pang of disappointment at hand-animated expressions that took more effort and are more flexible, but less realistic.

imagic made GREAT atari 2600 games :) great post

User Info: Taaron

Taaron
3 years ago#63
I have been a gamer before I could even remember.
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
3 years ago#64
I played vid games my entire life up until about 11th grade. Then i didnt play yhem much for the longest time, probably 7-8 years. Then GoldeneyeWii came out and I weny and bought a Wii and the gamel played it like mad for an entire year. Got me hooked on playing competative online MP.
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
NNID - YELARAKA

User Info: Spideyknight

Spideyknight
3 years ago#65
pong
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.

User Info: MetalDialga

MetalDialga
3 years ago#66
Galaga, on the arcade.
PSN: Varkarsh
Metroid fan all the way.

User Info: razorfate

razorfate
3 years ago#67
Sonic the hedgehog
-Persona 5 is coming out...could life get any better?-

User Info: fuzzybear69

fuzzybear69
3 years ago#68
Hard to say. Earliest memories include frogger, jungle hunt & pacman. Then of course the crappy pong arcade the local grocery store had.

User Info: bugz87

bugz87
3 years ago#69
Pacman at atari, about 20 years ago or so. That atari given by my uncle.

User Info: ilivetofly

ilivetofly
3 years ago#70
First game I remember "bashing" was Pokemon Red
FC:0173-1319-9821 ~ Water Gym Leader ~ youtube.com/ilivetoflyxD
+&- and 3G3 Founder ~ Orphanage ~ http://goo.gl/5z60ym
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game turned you into a gamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived