Is it normal to have a grinding noise?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it normal to have a grinding noise?

User Info: Merc009

Merc009
3 years ago#11
So the console should be dead quiet??

User Info: Warsuh

Warsuh
3 years ago#12
Merc009 posted...

Yes there should definitely not be a grinding noise. Mine is super quiet. Is it a loud grinding like really loud? Or just barely noticeable?

User Info: MalcolmEatsYou

MalcolmEatsYou
3 years ago#13
Merc009 posted...

Well mine isn't that quiet. Kinda can hear the fan.

User Info: aheroafake

aheroafake
3 years ago#14
Why didn't you buy any games with it? And to answer your question, no your console shouldn't be making a grinding noise.
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |

Merc009
3 years ago#15
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...

Yes there should definitely not be a grinding noise. Mine is super quiet. Is it a loud grinding like really loud? Or just barely noticeable?

It definetly doesnt sound like a vacum which is normal to me, its grinding noise like a pc

Warsuh
3 years ago#16
Merc009 posted...
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...

It definetly doesnt sound like a vacum which is normal to me, its grinding noise like a pc

Just checked google, the only grinding noise I could find was a problem with the Disc drive when putting in a game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HYb1zJKABI is this the same noise?

Merc009
3 years ago#17
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...

Just checked google, the only grinding noise I could find was a problem with the Disc drive when putting in a game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HYb1zJKABI is this the same noise?

Nah, it makes a noise all the time not just with discs, its definetly getting louder though, it sounds like scratching inside the console

User Info: Chewie212

Chewie212
3 years ago#18
Return it ASAP. There's something wrong, and you didn't pay for that, or deserve it.

Warsuh
3 years ago#19
Merc009 posted...
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...
Warsuh posted...
Merc009 posted...

Nah, it makes a noise all the time not just with discs, its definetly getting louder though, it sounds like scratching inside the console

Yeah man it sounds like you need a replacement.

User Info: MusuoJoe

MusuoJoe
3 years ago#20
Mine seems to be very quiet.. Return it now..
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it normal to have a grinding noise?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived