I really want a great corridor shooter like back to the Quake 1/2 and Doom days!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I really want a great corridor shooter like back to the Quake 1/2 and Doom days!

User Info: ssj5goku2005

ssj5goku2005
3 years ago#11
CapwnD posted...
Quake 2 isn't even Quake, it's a game that needed a name, and they called it Quake 2 because they could.

Yeah Quake has never had one continuous storyline each game pretty much has it's own story with the only sequel being Quake 4 (to Quake 2)

Not to get any hopes up as it's still a long way from even being announced, but there's a rumor that Quake 5 is going to be a sequel to Quake 1
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009

User Info: RuinerEraser

RuinerEraser
3 years ago#12
CapwnD posted...
aheroafake posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
Quake (1) Remake on Xbox One = WOULD BE AWESOME! The best Quake in my opinion =)

I wonder if this topic will get out of hand now.

Why? It's undoubtedly the best Quake, I'm not sure anybody would disagree.

Quake 2 isn't even Quake, it's a game that needed a name, and they called it Quake 2 because they could.

I loved Quake 2 way more than Quake, aside from the fact that NIN does the soundtrack for Quake and the NIN logo is on nail gun ammo...Quake 2 online was just the best. Rail guns and Rocket jumps!
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)

User Info: Styrof0am

Styrof0am
3 years ago#13
Ellesarien posted...
Wolfenstein is pretty old school IMO. You should try it out.

Agree. Great game on the 8th gen with a strong classic corridor vibe.

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod

User Info: axelfooley2k5

axelfooley2k5
3 years ago#14
Styrof0am posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Wolfenstein is pretty old school IMO. You should try it out.

Agree. Great game on the 8th gen with a strong classic corridor vibe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDmA2xoIoFU#t=203

User Info: RuinerEraser

RuinerEraser
3 years ago#15
Just the fact that Wolfenstein has ADS turns me off lol. I also don't want to pay money for a single player only game. Rip off IMO. Quake 2 and Wolfenstein had MP on PC in the 90's!
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
3 years ago#16
RuinerEraser posted...
CapwnD posted...
aheroafake posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
Quake (1) Remake on Xbox One = WOULD BE AWESOME! The best Quake in my opinion =)

I wonder if this topic will get out of hand now.

Why? It's undoubtedly the best Quake, I'm not sure anybody would disagree.

I loved Quake 2 way more than Quake, aside from the fact that NIN does the soundtrack for Quake and the NIN logo is on nail gun ammo...Quake 2 online was just the best. Rail guns and Rocket jumps!

Yeah I was kind of kidding. I prefer Quake 1 but I know that some really love Quake 2.

I never tried Painkiller, I'll give that a try.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

User Info: Ellesarien

Ellesarien
3 years ago#17
RuinerEraser posted...
Just the fact that Wolfenstein has ADS turns me off lol. I also don't want to pay money for a single player only game. Rip off IMO. Quake 2 and Wolfenstein had MP on PC in the 90's!

Alright then. Good luck with that.
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
3 years ago#18
How about, oh, IDK, that Doom that's coming out next year?
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I really want a great corridor shooter like back to the Quake 1/2 and Doom days!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived