This storage is ridiculous

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. This storage is ridiculous

User Info: Shaolin015

Shaolin015
3 years ago#1
I have two games. Call of duty and and titanfall. And I have used up half my storage with updates and map packs. What gives with the huge size of these updates and stuff? External hard drives aren't optional, they are needed; only furthering the cost if the xbox one I bought for 500$. Now it's more like 600$ with the purchase of the non included "useful" hard drive

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
3 years ago#2
Meh I spent $50 on 1tb. The cloud saves your games so if you uninstall a old game you can reinstall it and not lose your saves. Its not a big deal.
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.

User Info: Shaolin015

Shaolin015
3 years ago#3
Except I don't want to go through that painfully long install again. If I get a game it should be able to stay on my console. It is a big deal. Ain't nobody got time for that.

User Info: Puckswack12

Puckswack12
3 years ago#4
External hard drives are cheap. No need to spend a hundred bucks.
Yup

User Info: SubSeenix

SubSeenix
3 years ago#5
I think this is why Sony is rumored to put 1TB into the PS4

Just look at Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition in Europe > 63GB as a digital download
WTH?

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
3 years ago#6
How many game do you need at once in your reach? I have 8 games between internal/external he's and 900gb still free with a cheap 1tb HD.
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.

User Info: ht02135

ht02135
3 years ago#7
Shaolin015 posted...
Except I don't want to go through that painfully long install again. If I get a game it should be able to stay on my console. It is a big deal. Ain't nobody got time for that.

that is why stupid microsoft only have 500gb hdd. and stupid people kept telling me but there is external hdd support.

can i just get the freaking 1.5tb internal hdd so i dont need to worry about external hdd after 1 or 2 yrs down the road. the game is huge, even 1.5tb will fill up pretty fast with all remastered game comming out.

User Info: ht02135

ht02135
3 years ago#8
Shaolin015 posted...

exactly, a game with 70gb download? that is why any system designed to do digital download NEED SPACE. having a big internal hdd is a MUST. i just dont understand why people have difficulty understand that.

they kept saying, but there is external hdd support??? screw it, you think i want to spend $400 on 500gb weak machine and immediately follow by couple hundred dollar external hdd, then you are crazy or just stupid

User Info: mietha

mietha
3 years ago#9
SubSeenix posted...
I think this is why Sony is rumored to put 1TB into the PS4

Just look at Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition in Europe > 63GB as a digital download
WTH?

There is no reason to say "as a digital download". Both systems completely install all games, so it's 63gb, regardless of source. And I'm sure this is a troll topic, but of course 500gb is pointless. So is 1tb. That's why MS allows open storage on 2 external drives up to 16tb total (at a time). That is a HUGE advantage over the PS4 and will only become more-so with time. Remember folks, most games now are effectively last-gen games with purty colors. Once we get to ACTUAL current gen games, you WILL be seeing games, with dlc, taking up 100-150gb each. Sony "you can just swap the hard drive (every six months)" plan is going to look really brilliant then.

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
3 years ago#10
This is why I stuck with physical. No download times required.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. This storage is ridiculous

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived