Xbox One privacy settings/content restrictions issues.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One privacy settings/content restrictions issues.

User Info: Jackal031196

Jackal031196
3 years ago#1
This is something that's been driving me crazy because it seems like I am the only one with this problem, and there's not a lot of it floating around the internet. When I try to purchase something in the Xbox Store, I get a message saying something like:

Change your settings:
You have settings in place that disable you from buying content that is not free. Go to your settings menu and enable "purchase content", if this is a child account a parent will have to do it.

Well, I go the settings menu and select "Privacy and content restrictions" and what I see is another dumb message under both the privacy column and content restrictions column that says:

Your privacy settings/content restrictions are in effect, but can't be changed until we connect to the service.

Then it never connects. I have no idea how to make it connect. Yes, I am connect to the internet. Yes, I am signed into Xbox Live. No, it is not a child account (or so it should not be, I recently found out about the "Promote" thing for accounts who's owners are past 18 and did all that stuff myself). My NAT rating is open and everything is good. When I loaded the "parent" account onto the Xbox One (the account mine was connected to) I found that one had access to the privacy and content restriction settings. As it appears to me, it looks like a bug in the system as my access seems to be blocked for no apparent reason, unless this is a severely delayed effect that it still hasn't registered that I have "promoted" my account from my 360, but that was two weeks. I can still change these settings on the Xbox website but it seems to have no effect on the Xbox One. So does anybody have a fix for me? This has been going on for a month it almost makes me regret I spent $400 on this thing in the first place.

Note: sorry if this seems like a LOT of information, I'm just trying to cover all the corners of my issue since it seems a little more of a unique case, and otherwise people give me "solutions" that I've already tried.

User Info: MusuoJoe

MusuoJoe
3 years ago#2
Man I really don't know what to say is have you tried a Hard Re-Set yet? Another thing you might try is deleting your GT and re down loading it.. Other than that I dunno and hope you get it worked out..
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*

Jackal031196
2 years ago#3
I just tried deleting my account from the system and brought it back but that just didn't work. I'm not completely sure what you mean by "hard reset" but I have tried deleting the console to factory defaults, but that didn't work either.

Jackal031196
2 years ago#4
*resetting* the console to factory defaults.

User Info: regsantotomas

regsantotomas
2 years ago#5
It definitely seems like an isolated issue and likely will require you to contact Microsoft support for assistance.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One privacy settings/content restrictions issues.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived