Can games be too long for you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can games be too long for you?

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
2 years ago#1
I'm about 30% into assassins creed 4 black flag and I've been playing this thing for hours and hours and hours and honestly I think I'm just getting tired of it.. Partly because the story seems to have drifted away from the observatory and I honestly don't even know what's going on... Do you ever just give up on games that seem like more of a chore then enjoyable?

By the way I actually love this game but there's a serious lack of variety in the environments I think I'm just getting tired of seeing tropical forest and ships!!
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds

User Info: Cows Go Hisssss

Cows Go Hisssss
2 years ago#2
Mass Effect 3 and every game made by Bethesda is too long.

The best lengths for me is 10-30 hours of single player mode.

30 hours if its a huge RPG. (Mass Effect 3, Bethesda games)
20 hours if its an open world action adventure game. (Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto, Watch Dogs, Saints Row)
15 hours if its a single player linear action game. (Dead Space, Portal, Half Life 2, BioShock)
10 hours or less if it's a tacked on single player mode for a online multiplayer focused game. (Call of Duty, Battlefield)

Anything past 30 hours and I'm done. My backlog is too large. The only games I play longer than 30 hours are online multiplayer games.
hey foo
hey foo

User Info: garcia_jx

garcia_jx
2 years ago#3
I think some games are just too long, and I get bored before I finish them.

User Info: holden4ever

holden4ever
2 years ago#4
It depends on the game but I generally like a 10+ hour story. The longer the better with some games.
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg

User Info: Shura_Surplice

Shura_Surplice
2 years ago#5
I played Skyrim 100+ hours then my xbox slim hdd died and everything was lost, got a new one and played it again for more than 100 hours lol.

I like long games, at least 20 hours, if it is less then I feel is not worth the 60 dollars.
I had the X1 for a while, now I own a PS4.

User Info: jellybeanmaster

jellybeanmaster
2 years ago#6
Wasnt until skyward sword that i realized the answer could be yes. God finishing the game was a chore
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
2 years ago#7
Yes. For me Xenoblade lasted way longer then it needed to be & didn't even wanna finish after 50hrs & finding out in not near the end yet.
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1

User Info: uniquebadger

uniquebadger
2 years ago#8
If i know a game will only take 15-25 hours to beat i will either rent it or wait till it is around $25 to buy, definitely not worth $60 to me. For any RPG i would prefer to get 40+ hours of gameplay out of it.

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
2 years ago#9
Depends on the game. I would honestly be disappointed if a Bethesda game was less than 200-300 hours. Bioshock games otoh all went on a bit too long. And AssCreed is too long, but only because they churn them out so fast. If they had 2 or 3 years between them I would be happy with the bloat.

So like I said, it depends.
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg

User Info: wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn
2 years ago#10
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
Mass Effect 3 and every game made by Bethesda is too long.

The best lengths for me is 10-30 hours of single player mode.

30 hours if its a huge RPG. (Mass Effect 3, Bethesda games)
20 hours if its an open world action adventure game. (Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto, Watch Dogs, Saints Row)
15 hours if its a single player linear action game. (Dead Space, Portal, Half Life 2, BioShock)
10 hours or less if it's a tacked on single player mode for a online multiplayer focused game. (Call of Duty, Battlefield)

Anything past 30 hours and I'm done. My backlog is too large. The only games I play longer than 30 hours are online multiplayer games.

This, except for the first sentence. I'll play huge RPGs for as long as they hold me. If I can enjoy a game for 100 hours then it deserves to be played for as long.
GT: wrettcaughn
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can games be too long for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived