Elder Scrolls or Fallout? Which should be first to debut on current gen consoles

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Elder Scrolls or Fallout? Which should be first to debut on current gen consoles

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
3 years ago#71
BDJayce posted...
DanE4764 posted...
Having enemies that are super powerful in certIn areas is only a good thing. It prevents you from accessing great gear right at the start. It gives you a reason to actually lvl up instead of being over powered right from the start. It's people like you that have made all of these games over simplified

It's one of those things that Elder Scrolls did that Fallout should use. Sure you COULD go after the super unique armor/weapon at level 1 straight out of the vault/doctors office/jail/execution block BUT it would be significantly weaker than if you had waited until level 15+.

Put some of those special items on bosses or quests that don't spawn until you're a certain level.

Hand placed loot and enemies are always better. See Morrowind, the REAL Elder Scrolls

User Info: BDJayce

BDJayce
3 years ago#72
SomboSteel posted...
BDJayce posted...
DanE4764 posted...
Having enemies that are super powerful in certIn areas is only a good thing. It prevents you from accessing great gear right at the start. It gives you a reason to actually lvl up instead of being over powered right from the start. It's people like you that have made all of these games over simplified

It's one of those things that Elder Scrolls did that Fallout should use. Sure you COULD go after the super unique armor/weapon at level 1 straight out of the vault/doctors office/jail/execution block BUT it would be significantly weaker than if you had waited until level 15+.

Put some of those special items on bosses or quests that don't spawn until you're a certain level.

Hand placed loot and enemies are always better. See Morrowind, the REAL Elder Scrolls

That's your opinion and while I liked Morrowind I would personally call Oblivion, the REAL Elder Scrolls but then again every Elder Scrolls is a real Elder Scrolls. Fanboyism aside:

Hand placed loot and enemies are fine but if they stick with the 'enemies scale to your level' system from previous Fallouts then it just makes things too easy. If they stick to that system then they should make the enemies who carry the special loot a higher level than you so that even on "Very Easy" you'll still be in for a challenge if you try rushing them straight out of the vault.
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
3 years ago#73
BDJayce posted...
SomboSteel posted...
BDJayce posted...
DanE4764 posted...

That's your opinion and while I liked Morrowind I would personally call Oblivion, the REAL Elder Scrolls but then again every Elder Scrolls is a real Elder Scrolls. Fanboyism aside:

Hand placed loot and enemies are fine but if they stick with the 'enemies scale to your level' system from previous Fallouts then it just makes things too easy. If they stick to that system then they should make the enemies who carry the special loot a higher level than you so that even on "Very Easy" you'll still be in for a challenge if you try rushing them straight out of the vault.

That's where you seem to be confused. Elder Scrolls is a sandbox exploration game, that isn't the main focus of Fallout. Choice and consequence are the main themes of REAL Fallout (not Fallout 3). So it isn't the game's fault that you have the wrong expectations going in.

And lol if you think Oblivion is better than Morrowind. If you truly believe that, then what does your opinion on any of this matter?

User Info: BDJayce

BDJayce
3 years ago#74
SomboSteel posted...
BDJayce posted...
SomboSteel posted...
BDJayce posted...
DanE4764 posted...

That's where you seem to be confused. Elder Scrolls is a sandbox exploration game, that isn't the main focus of Fallout. Choice and consequence are the main themes of REAL Fallout (not Fallout 3). So it isn't the game's fault that you have the wrong expectations going in.

And lol if you think Oblivion is better than Morrowind. If you truly believe that, then what does your opinion on any of this matter?

Okay your blind fanboyism is starting to annoy me. We aren't a hive mind so disconnect from the collective and pull your head out of your butt.

I know what the REAL Fallout is like. I played every single Fallout even the atrocious Brotherhood of Steel on the Xbox. I've also played every Elder Scrolls and i'm also entitled to have my own opinion on things.

Really get over it.
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Elder Scrolls or Fallout? Which should be first to debut on current gen consoles

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived