I guess I'll never get to finish tomb raider...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I guess I'll never get to finish tomb raider...

User Info: teeebz

teeebz
3 years ago#1
A while back when the game first came out on one I bought it. I remember going through each area, carefully 100 percenting each section. Then I got to the cliff side area and hit a game breaking glitch. My screen would load to black and I couldn't do anything. The game got shelved for months.

That was, until a few days ago I decided I had to beat this damn game. I deleted my save and started all over. I made sure not to 100 percent each section because I knew I could always go back. At the cliff side bunker area and my game froze again (it had done it a few times prior but if I just gave it a second the lens or whatever would catch up and it was more like a hiccup) anyway, I had to quit the game because this time, the game wouldn't unfreeze. When I loaded it back up guess what I got? The damn frozen black screen again. I've searched about this glitch and have found a few people had this problem. What a shame, a good game completely ruined in my eyes. And they don't even release a ******* patch for it either.

Makes me think twice about buying the sequel. I'm so annoyed.

/rant /blogfaqs
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83

User Info: dnmt

dnmt
3 years ago#2
That's a shame. Make sure to watch the rest of the game on YouTube at least.

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
3 years ago#3
Ouch. Glad I bought it on the 360.

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
3 years ago#4
That sucks too because the whole game is worth seeing. I would get frustrated if that happened to me as well.

I remember running into a game breaking glitch in DeathSpank where the reindeer wouldn't spawn or something like that and it basically broke the game. I restarted and the same thing happened after going through the entire game. Sucks.
XBL - cheezedadada / PSN - cheezedadadada
I notice when Diablo 3's frame rate drops from 60 to 58 on the Xbox One.

teeebz
3 years ago#5
Yea, like I said it's a shame. I enjoyed the game so much too but **** Lara now. It's extremely frustrating as I attempted the whole game again and the same crap happened. I came close to snapping the disc in half and tossing it in the trash. It's basically the same thing as sitting on my shelf now.
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83

User Info: Shadowfxd2

Shadowfxd2
3 years ago#6
If xbone can't even handle the original, how will it handle the sequel made for it? I'm glad it's only timed...

User Info: dueric

dueric
3 years ago#7
Shadowfxd2 posted...
If xbone can't even handle the original, how will it handle the sequel made for it? I'm glad it's only timed...

Why do I feel like you're the TC?
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member

teeebz
3 years ago#8
Shadowfxd2 posted...

While searching for a possible fix, I found that the same glitch happens on ps4 as well.
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83

User Info: archibald3

archibald3
3 years ago#9
dueric posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

I love how all his comments are complete , 100% troll without even an attempt at intelligence of any sort. Pretty sure it must be a 10 year old.

teeebz
3 years ago#10
archibald3 posted...
dueric posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

I love how all his comments are complete , 100% troll without even an attempt at intelligence of any sort. Pretty sure it must be a 10 year old.

Agreed. I've seen many of his posts and it's always the same negative crap, usually about how xbox sucks.

In this case, Tomb Raider sucks... For me
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I guess I'll never get to finish tomb raider...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived