Faulty disc drive

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Faulty disc drive

User Info: enterthedraygon

enterthedraygon
3 years ago#1
Got an xbox one not even a week ago and already got a message of a faulty disc drive and have to send it in. Wtf! I've only used it once for a redbox movie,get ur crap together m$. Anyone else get this message?
Gamertag:ElPaco619

User Info: elbarto1

elbarto1
3 years ago#2
All discs or just movies?

A user posted a pic of MS giving them a free $20 credit for not playing blurays due to a update issue. But it was software related.

If you need to send it in, the advanced replacement service is pretty good.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY

enterthedraygon
3 years ago#3
The blu ray disc I tried worked a week ago but haven't done games since ive been all digital. Just got a message today. Just frustrating since it's barely a week old.

elbarto1
3 years ago#4
Are you on the newest firmware?

elbarto1
3 years ago#5
It's also possible the disc was the problem, rentals aren't properly cared for pretty much ever.

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
3 years ago#6
Do you get a message that your disc drive is faulty what sort of Message is it?

My Xbox one has an issue with not responding that there is a disc in the drive it still says insert disk if the drive is bad do you get a direct message that says its bad?
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds

User Info: Pudgeisafish

Pudgeisafish
3 years ago#7
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Do you get a message that your disc drive is faulty what sort of Message is it?

My Xbox one has an issue with not responding that there is a disc in the drive it still says insert disk if the drive is bad do you get a direct message that says its bad?

Draygon got a message via post from the disc drive ;)

enterthedraygon
3 years ago#8
I noticed on the dashboard a notice that stated it couldn't download the last system update because it identified to have a faulty disc error. Then listed the two ways to swap it one included sending it and waiting up to the weeks or porting a $400 deposit and getting a new one sent to and and I send my old one, which includes a $15 sending fee. I asked the lady what the 20$ included and they said they'd give me a code. I asked if there were other options trying to get a free game or something and she recommended exchanging @ gstop. Which I think I'm going to do since its over a week old. I'm tempted to tri to exchange for a ps 4 after my 2 hour interaction.

elbarto1
3 years ago#9
That sucks.

The $400 is a hold, not a charge.

They shouldn't charge you $15 because mine was over 6 months old when I sent it in and that got waived.

Exchange at GS if you can.

PS4 is better imo.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Faulty disc drive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived