Xbox One and Astro A40s question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One and Astro A40s question.

User Info: Volition_PTH

Volition_PTH
2 years ago#1
So I am looking into getting a new headset for my xbox, and after trying out my friends Astro A40s on his pc I have to say I am sold on them. My question is can you actually get the surround sound to work via the Mix Amp on the xbox one?

From what little I have been able to find online there seems to be a lot of conflicting reports. Some people say that their Astros work perfectly and they can get the surround via the Mix Amp to work. Others have claimed to wasted $300 and are only able to hear stereo audio. So my actual question here is will the astros work as intended on xbone with surround and chat working, or am I better off saving money and getting a stereo headset?

User Info: kingbahamut83

kingbahamut83
2 years ago#2
If you use the optical port for sound and change the settings in the system for Dolby digital, there shouldn't be a problem. Then just adjust the chat adapter all the way to chat. I have a50s and this is what I do, no problems.
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan

User Info: Volition_PTH

Volition_PTH
2 years ago#3
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear they are working well for you. I reviewed the specs for the A50s and A40s and the only difference I can tell is the wireless bit. So the A40s should work the same way I'd assume. Thanks again.

User Info: kingbahamut83

kingbahamut83
2 years ago#4
I think pretty much any headset that uses the optical port should work fine as long as you change the system settings and have/adjust the chat adapter. I originally wanted the A40s but found the A50s on craigslist for 120. Only differences are they are wireless, which is a different mixamp (more a transmitter). The chat/audio mixer on the 50s is actually on the right ear cup. Push the button one way for audio, the other for chat.
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan

User Info: HughMyronGainz

HughMyronGainz
2 years ago#5
I have the a40s and I got nothing connected to the controller and the sound is great.
U mirin brah?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One and Astro A40s question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived