The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

What time period would you like to see more of in a video game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What time period would you like to see more of in a video game?

User Info: aj4x94

aj4x94
2 years ago#1
I'd like to see a game that takes place in the 1980's. Pastel suits, big hair, totally radical dialogue, and the best soundtrack ever.

I loved Hotline Miami and Vice City.
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Splinter Cell
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94

User Info: violentdissmay

violentdissmay
2 years ago#2
aj4x94 posted...
I'd like to see a game that takes place in the 1980's. Pastel suits, big hair, totally radical dialogue, and the best soundtrack ever.

I think Streets of Rage may help with some of that.
I would say a really good early 1900's (like prohibition era), I can't think of too many mob type games off the top of my head, and I mean classic mafia style mob, not modern day G's that pretend to be
"Fry crack corn and I don't care, Leela crack corn and still don't care, Bender crack corn and he is great!! TAKE THAT YOU STUPID CORN!!!" - Bender

User Info: Warsuh

Warsuh
2 years ago#3
I would like some "NEW" WW2 games.

User Info: SignalMyMiseryy

SignalMyMiseryy
2 years ago#4
80s, ww2, victorian.
XBOX I XBOX 360 I XBOX ONE
Mark my words, xbox one will get a name change by e3 2015.

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
2 years ago#5
Warsuh posted...
I would like some "NEW" WW2 games.

From other points of view too.
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.

User Info: DeschainRed

DeschainRed
2 years ago#6
violentdissmay posted...
aj4x94 posted...

I think Streets of Rage may help with some of that.
I would say a really good early 1900's (like prohibition era), I can't think of too many mob type games off the top of my head, and I mean classic mafia style mob, not modern day G's that pretend to be

Streets of rage is worth it for the soundtrack alone. It needs a remake or sequel in my opinion.

User Info: kungfuj0

kungfuj0
2 years ago#7
I like futuristic stuff, whether it's near future, say 10-20 years ahead so we can still recognize the place, or whether its well into the future.

Unless its an old world rpg, I really don't like going back in time much. I already know how history plays out. I have no desire to relive it. I make one other exception though. A friend of mine and I kinda had this idea about a 70s version of GTA, maybe set in Chicago or Detroit or something. The lead would be a black guy with a big ass afro, and we'll just let the chaos ensue from there!
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
2 years ago#8
Feudal Japan. I miss Tenchu and Onimusha.
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
2 years ago#9
80's and any wars pre-WW2.

The 80's games need to have awesome soundtracks though. Soundtracks as good as Hotline, Vice City, and Double Dragon Neon's.
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
2 years ago#10
A squad based shooter in the Napoleonic wars era
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What time period would you like to see more of in a video game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived