Who is a casual gamer? good read.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Who is a casual gamer? good read.

User Info: sanas_thiritu

sanas_thiritu
2 years ago#1
There are a lot of definitions of the fabled casual gamer and I find all of them wrong. Imo, this below is the most accurate description of the casual gamer

Casual gamer is a person who enjoys games with less depth and thinks it's perfectly ok to think a very simple input game like flappy bird is the best game ever made.

Casual gamer is also a person who says 'but I don't have the patience and don't want to spend all that time to play this complex rpg all the way to the end'. I might just play a little cod here and there.

A hardcore gamer is a person who plays through and enjoys immensely a complicated non mmo rpg and tries to complete all side quests as well.

A hardcore gamer is also someone who looks for more in a game than jumping over obstacles or pew pew pew.

Agree or disagree?
Sanas_thiritu misjudged sales of Kinect less xbox.
Come on Xbox! !

User Info: Jptremblay13

Jptremblay13
2 years ago#2
Casual gamer is someone who casually game.

Hardcore gamer is also known as a virgin or basement dweller

User Info: Shadow_Cloud

Shadow_Cloud
2 years ago#3
Agreed somewhat.

Casual - someone who play games occasionally and don't keep up with gaming news aside from games that has heavy marketing behind it.

Hardcore - someone who follows gaming news closely and when he plays a game he enjoys, he wants to understand all the intricacies.

User Info: SizableMattress

SizableMattress
2 years ago#4
I think casual gamers are people who aren't very competitive about their games and who don't devote a certain percentage of their time or money into gaming.
3ds friend code: 0645-7095-3198
3ds profile name: Mattress. Pokemon ign: bilbo

User Info: cminc

cminc
2 years ago#5
I play hardcore games casually, but ive never been hardcore about a casual game.
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS

User Info: ChiliPup

ChiliPup
2 years ago#6
Jptremblay13 posted...
Hardcore gamer is also known as a virgin or basement dweller

Unless they're not a virgin, nor a basement dweller... but they still enjoy hardcore gaming.

Doh!

---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]

User Info: kidwgm

kidwgm
2 years ago#7
Disagree. A gamer is a gamer.
Currently Playing: Metro Redux and PvZ:GW.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)

User Info: MrDude1

MrDude1
2 years ago#8
a casual gamer is one who only plays fps and hate on other genres like jrpg, fighting, platforming, etc.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
2 years ago#9
kidwgm posted...
Disagree. A gamer is a gamer.
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
2 years ago#10
There really isn't a definition for hardcore or casual gamer. I avoid using the terms because they really don't mean anything and each person will interpret them differently. To me, you either play games or you don't.
XBL - cheezedadada / PSN - cheezedadadada
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Who is a casual gamer? good read.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived