Which did you like more- New Saints Row or Old school Saints Row

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which did you like more- New Saints Row or Old school Saints Row

User Info: darklinkfan55

darklinkfan55
3 years ago#31
the third killed the series for me. I know for a fact that I wont ever play another saints row again...
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
gt: Malkavian Zero fc: 1220-5958-3418

User Info: BEAST305

BEAST305
3 years ago#32
CrazyGuy1628 posted...
I enjoyed the first one the most, second was good but not better imo. 3 I never finished and the newest one I enjoyed alot, the music was good and I enjoyed them making fun of different games.

First one was the best. Second was alright, the third ruined the series for me. Didn't even bother touching the fourth one. I hope they go back to their roots if they make another one. The customization in the first one was deep with the cars and especially the clothing. Then they slowly stripped that away as the series went on.
BEAST305 M.I.YAYO

User Info: XMidnightMidnaX

XMidnightMidnaX
3 years ago#33
I started the series with The Third and then played IV, 2, then the original. I must say, I love them all, but prefer The Third for the updated.. everything.

So my stance is New Saints Row.
There is no good and evil; there is only power, and those too weak to seek it.
3DS FC: 1005 9367 0843 - Ditto, Minccino, Teddiursa | gt: psyrojubit

User Info: Goregasm17

Goregasm17
3 years ago#34
The first one was genuine. Loved it. Then the second game released and that is actually when I created this account, to make a thread on the 360 SR2 board and express my disgust with how ridiculous the game became, such as the insanely fast sprinting..all fights essentially end up being a strafe war at car status speeds.

User Info: Minamo

Minamo
3 years ago#35
2 > 4 > 1 > 3

User Info: phillyeagles123

phillyeagles123
3 years ago#36
Saints Row 1: Good open world game with lots of potential to become great.
Saints Row 2: Improved on just about everything. Great mix of seriousness and craziness. Pinnacle of the series, and one of my personal all time favorite games.
Saints Row 3: Got a bit crazy for my tastes. Sacrificed story for more crass humor. Still had its moments though.
Saints Row 4: Never bought it, never will. If they didn't jump the shark with SR4, then I don't know what will.

Old School SR >>>> New School SR
Console War in a nutshell: "My plastic box is better than your plastic box!"

User Info: YamatoBeats

YamatoBeats
3 years ago#37
2 was pretty garbage. 4 was probably the most fun of them all. I'm hoping 5 goes back to the same zany kind of gameplay but to the next level.
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."

User Info: EnmaDaio2588

EnmaDaio2588
3 years ago#38
Saints Row 2 was my favorite and SR3 is the reason I haven't given SR4 a chance yet.
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...

User Info: DojoMax

DojoMax
3 years ago#39
That_Damn_Kid posted...
CRAZY or gangs

I thought SR4's craziness was a little too much. Surprised it's coming to next gen consoles. Would be neat if they went back to something like SR2 for the 5th game.

Old school. SR 1 and 2 were fantastic... SR3 was a great balance between the old and the new. SR4 disgusted me about an hour into the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax

User Info: Neonwarrior1243

Neonwarrior1243
3 years ago#40
Saints Row 2 was the best one.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which did you like more- New Saints Row or Old school Saints Row

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived