WHY is Xbox ridiculously unpopular in Japan?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. WHY is Xbox ridiculously unpopular in Japan?

User Info: TrueBlue91

TrueBlue91
2 years ago#1
I get that PlayStation has always had better hardware and exclusives, but in no other nation is the popularity difference THIS big. I seriously don't get it. What's the deal?
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
2 years ago#2
Not sure if troll or serious inquiry.
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.

TrueBlue91
2 years ago#3
CammyApple posted...

Serious. Even when a country vastly prefers a certain console, e.g. in USA the 360 vs PS3, the difference is not THAT huge, to such an extent that even on day one nobody gives much of a crap.
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: WeirdShroom

WeirdShroom
2 years ago#4
Mistaking spelling and punctuation for grammar annoys me.
GT: BxB402 - "Virtual High Five!" - Xbox Live Chat Support

User Info: WeirdShroom

WeirdShroom
2 years ago#5
Japan has been a tad iffy on foreign products, especially american, since we put a bunch of them living here in camps and dropped 2 nukes on them. Rightfully so.
GT: BxB402 - "Virtual High Five!" - Xbox Live Chat Support

CammyApple
2 years ago#6
TrueBlue91 posted...
CammyApple posted...

Serious. Even when a country vastly prefers a certain console, e.g. in USA the 360 vs PS3, the difference is not THAT huge, to such an extent that even on day one nobody gives much of a crap.

The problem is that you state Playstation has always had better hardware. That statement is false and is something that would be in a troll topic.

As a joke I'll say it's because the XB1 won't fit into a Japanese apartment, it's too big.

TrueBlue91
2 years ago#7
WeirdShroom posted...
Mistaking spelling and punctuation for grammar annoys me.

I never did that, and those things do fall under "grammar" anyway.
Pour grammer annoy's me

CammyApple
2 years ago#8
WeirdShroom posted...
Japan has been a tad iffy on foreign products, especially american, since we put a bunch of them living here in camps and dropped 2 nukes on them. Rightfully so.

This is mostly false. As a whole Japan loves western culture. We put Japanese Americans in interment camps. Their xenophobia doesn't have a whole lot to do with WWII. It existed long before that.

TrueBlue91
2 years ago#9
CammyApple posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
CammyApple posted...

The problem is that you state Playstation has always had better hardware. That statement is false and is something that would be in a troll topic.

As a joke I'll say it's because the XB1 won't fit into a Japanese apartment, it's too big.

Oh, right, the first Xbox. Well the 360 and XB1 then. Inferior hardware.
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: Rapscallion84

Rapscallion84
2 years ago#10
Pretty sure with the original Xbox that Japanese players had trouble holding the massive controller, so maybe it stemmed from there?

Could be a myth though.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. WHY is Xbox ridiculously unpopular in Japan?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived