Desperate times requires desperate measures - MS rdy to pay for your first game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Desperate times requires desperate measures - MS rdy to pay for your first game

User Info: YumeOMiru

YumeOMiru
3 years ago#1
PS4 white destiny bundle ruling as the sole king on most charts, adding to situation, the depressing launch on "tier" 2/3 countries, MS is rdy to open the wallets this one time for new potential customers.

Any one game for free, MS wants you to have that media box in your house NOW!

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/buy-xbox-one-next-week-get-game-free

So whom´s getting the bone? Or is it still glacier white PS4 with Destiny?
Having a dream is essential to live.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
3 years ago#2
I have to ask you two questions TC. Do you feel better now? Are you a Sony shareholder?
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.

User Info: YumeOMiru

YumeOMiru
3 years ago#3
AWarAmp84 posted...
I have to ask you two questions TC. Do you feel better now? Are you a Sony shareholder?

I do, I just ate one helluva good burger. No, but I have shares in MSFT, so I would get more winnings if they shut down the Xbox division and focused all that resource on more software development :)
Having a dream is essential to live.

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
3 years ago#4
Otherwise known as a "game pack-in".

This desperation move has been used since Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Duck Hunt.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.

User Info: GuiltySoul2005

GuiltySoul2005
3 years ago#5
M$ getting desperate is good for customers though. $399 for console and 2 games, can't argue with that it's a great deal.
PSN: Bigboss-x

User Info: lilj812

lilj812
3 years ago#6
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
M$ getting desperate is good for customers though. $399 for console and 2 games, can't argue with that it's a great deal.

Too bad that in the long run, the ps4 is still a much better purchase. People buy consoles for the long run usually.
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87

User Info: chris0009

chris0009
3 years ago#7
If having a sale is desperate than how desperate is steam? Imo whats honestly desperate is giving away free games which sony started with psplus.

User Info: casper316

casper316
3 years ago#8
YumeOMiru posted...
PS4 white destiny bundle ruling as the sole king on most charts, adding to situation, the depressing launch on "tier" 2/3 countries, MS is rdy to open the wallets this one time for new potential customers.

Any one game for free, MS wants you to have that media box in your house NOW!

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/buy-xbox-one-next-week-get-game-free

So whom´s getting the bone? Or is it still glacier white PS4 with Destiny?

is it me or are the trolls getting stupider?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316

User Info: ejay8320

ejay8320
3 years ago#9
SigmaLongshot posted...

This desperation move has been used since Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Duck Hunt.

I would agree with you, but if you look at which SKU's are valid with the promo it includes two game pack-in units.

Though I still wouldn't call it a desperation move either.

User Info: casper316

casper316
3 years ago#10
ejay8320 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

I would agree with you, but if you look at which SKU's are valid with the promo it includes two game pack-in units.

Though I still wouldn't call it a desperation move either.

so, there was some 360 SKUs with 2 pack in games.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Desperate times requires desperate measures - MS rdy to pay for your first game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived