My kid screwed up our game sharing. Is there any way to get the limit reset?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My kid screwed up our game sharing. Is there any way to get the limit reset?

User Info: shadownights23

shadownights23
2 years ago#31
glassghost0 posted...
The first issue you need to address is why is your kid so stupid?

Beat that out of them before worrying about your games

Lol this guy..
I'm Usually on my phone so typos. Will happen live with it

User Info: Lugoves

Lugoves
2 years ago#32
Change your son's password before resetting this time, too, for sure.
My Game Collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LUGOVES/games/owned?platform=0
http://i.imgur.com/rRAb6OW.gif

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
2 years ago#33
Lugoves posted...
Change your son's password before resetting this time, too, for sure.

do one better change it yourself and not tell your son the new one .this way only you knew it
i used to be called importer1 WHEN I WAS HERE BEFORE
when i post that is my view .so please understand that.it may not be correct and it may not be your view

User Info: Skruiss

Skruiss
2 years ago#34
I did something similar but through chat on xbox support it was fixed within 20 min.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
2 years ago#35
boolzero
CapwnD posted...
Babbit55 posted...
Actually that is EXACTLY what game sharing is about.

I'm not here to argue. You don't know EXACTLY how it's intended, and I don't know EXACTLY how it's intended. EDIT: Actually I'm going to argue it a little bit

To me, it looks like it's pretty clear that most people don't even know about it, and would only enable it on their home console, not as a way to get two games for the price of one. I haven't seen Microsoft advocating to share a game with a friend. If I missed something, then please point it out to me. Here's the link that explains sharing:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/my-home-xbox

They clearly word it to imply that its for you, for your xbox. They certainly don't mention friends across the country, or your friend xx4SinperZZZ from COD.

The problem with your argument is that even under the assumption you are asserting that it is NOT for that purpose, you can still however do that on ANY console you visit currently simply by logging into your profile on any console you are playing on, downloading your games and playing them on ANY console already. So it would seem pointless to even implement a Home console feature in that respect if they hadn't intended it to allow you to use it to share with your family (hence the whole sharing Xbox Live Gold with your family as well)...

The point of designating a Home console is specifically so that you don't have to be logged into YOUR profile for others to play YOUR games...

Right, specifically so you don't have to jump through the hoops to let family members play the games on the home console.

I realize that you could do this without using the Home console function, but that's not something MS is going to want to explain, not when their messaging was already so bad with the reveal. Plus, they seem to have been keeping it the same as it was on the 360, which essentially had the same kind of sharing (but instead of Home, it was what console you were logged into when you purchased it).

I just don't see MS actually saying that it was intended as sharing one copy of a game with two consoles where you both can play it at the same time. Somebody said that it was advertised that way but I have never seen that. There was the pre-release thing that was already linked in this topic, and that was it.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My kid screwed up our game sharing. Is there any way to get the limit reset?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived