Looking for Mono-Chat Headset that has Game Audio?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Looking for Mono-Chat Headset that has Game Audio?

User Info: Sour

Sour
2 years ago#11
Those only provide chat. :(

I was trying to find one that has chat and game audio. basically turtle beach, but one ear.
v4

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
2 years ago#12
Sour posted...
Those only provide chat. :(

I was trying to find one that has chat and game audio. basically turtle beach, but one ear.

No they provide both. It's a mono headset + mic. It has two 3.5mm male connections (one is mic, one is headset). Those plug into the Y adapter (included) and that plugs into the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter or into the controller that has the 3.5MM input (newer controllers, not launch controllers).

I suggest using the stereo headset adapter even if you have a newer controller which has the 3.5mm jack, because the stereo headset adapter gives you less nose and it has the mute and volume options right there at your fingertips instead of going into the menus to adjust (press the guide button twice to bring up the audio options when you have something plugged into the 3.5mm jack of the controller).
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
2 years ago#13
Here's some info on how the jack works, and what ring means what.

The thing to watch out for is headsets that are OMTP instead of CTIA. Summery of the differences (credit to WIKI for providing what brands use which standard):

CTIA / AHJ standard:
TipLeft Audio
Ring 1 Right Audio
Ring 2 Ground
Sleeve Microphone
Apple, HTC, latest Nokia, latest Samsung, latest Sony (2012+, including the DualShock 4 PS4 controller), latest Wiko (2013+), Jolla, Microsoft (including surface, lumia, and xbox one controller w/ chat adapter) most Android phones

OMTP standard:
Tip: Left Audio
Ring 1 Right Audio
Ring 2 Microphone
Sleeve Ground
old Nokia (and also Lumia starting from the 2nd gen, old Samsung (2012 Chromebooks), old Sony Ericsson (2010 and 2011 Xperias), old Wiko (2012-) and PlayStation Vita.

I just posted that for reference... you don't have to fully understand that. But if you look at it, and look at your setup, and then look at this again you will see what works with what.

I can make your sound come out of your toaster if that's really what you want, just tell me what you want! Right now I'm watching Netflix using Toslink optical going to a 4 in-two out matrix switch, one of those outputs goes to my mixamp and the other to my DSS. I use my DSS for single player gaming and for movies. Use the mixamp (actually mixamp + DSS2 on that part of the setup) for multiplayer gaming. Then I have the audio going from my DSS to my 7.1 receiver which I'm only using to power my headphones (actually I just bought a headphone amp so I don't have to use the 7.1 receiver for this).

It's a complicated system, but it allows me to game on a 360, Xbox One, PC, or use PC (a different PC than my gaming PC) audio for movies and TV. And I can have any of that audio go through either my headphones (either the single player DSS or the multiplayer DSS2/mixamp combo) or the 7.1 system, or through a 2.1 system. Most of it is digital, I have no humming, hiss, or extra noise, and no latency.

Sorry now I'm rambling, but it's a fun setup!

Are you looking for something really robust? Like something that sounds really good, but only in one ear? or a more simple setup, something cheap? Because if you're looking for something better, there's better headphones out there.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

User Info: Sour

Sour
2 years ago#14
It's a weird set up I have so I can record me and my buddy. If the headset works, .obey isn't an issue since it may be the last one I buy.

I use the Hauppauge Rocket which requires the 3.5mm. And in order to getgame sound and party chat recored, I have to hear my buddies voice, and the game sounds for both to make it into my recording device.
v4
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Looking for Mono-Chat Headset that has Game Audio?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived