Mass Effect Review Scores are in. Will you still buy this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Mass Effect Review Scores are in. Will you still buy this game?

User Info: GiraffeNecks

GiraffeNecks
6 months ago#1
It is currently sitting at a 75 Metacritic, which is very unfortunate for a big budget AAA game.

That being said, do you care? Will you ignore the flaws and still buy it?

User Info: Eclipse2K

Eclipse2K
6 months ago#2
Already preloaded. Don't care about reviews as I found the early access to be a lot of fun. Not the best Mass Effect but it will do just fine.

User Info: countrymac

countrymac
6 months ago#3
I refuse to spend $60 on a game that receives anything lower than a 90 on Meta. Especially a title with the Mass Effect name on it.

I'm not even sure if the extra power on PS4 could save this game.
I gave him an ocular patdown, assessed the threat level, clocked a knife in his boot.

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
6 months ago#4
Definitely.
Most complaints are about the characters not being interesting and the writing not being very good but these are minor things on my eyes.
There's a lot more that the game has done wonderfully well, like the gameplay and exploration which are the most important to me.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
6 months ago#5
countrymac posted...
I refuse to spend $60 on a game that receives anything lower than a 90 on Meta. Especially a title with the Mass Effect name on it.

I'm not even sure if the extra power on PS4 could save this game.

It must suck to be you.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
6 months ago#6
Absolutely. I have bought and loved many games with similar Metacritic scores and I look forward to giving this a go soon-ish.
Xbox One, the Complete All-in-One Games and Entertainment System | Vita | PS4 | 3DS | Wii U

User Info: redditon4chan

redditon4chan
6 months ago#7
I never planned to, but hope anyone interested isn't too terribly swayed by the lower marks.
Sing a song of sixpence that goes burn the witch. NN/PSN/XBL - redditon4chan

User Info: Marshall_Law

Marshall_Law
6 months ago#8
I have not now nor will I ever give a **** what a review says. I can watch gameplay know if it's for me or not.

Personally I was not even interested in ME untill I played the trial this weekend, the combat finally feel fluid to me. In the past games it has always just felt a little rough,.
" people of the nation do not understand our banking system, if they did there would be a revolution before morning." - Henry Ford

User Info: geodANGER

geodANGER
6 months ago#9
As long as I am shooting aliens I'm good.
335 Titan, 335 Warlock, 334 Hunter: ghorn
GT/Psn: Geodanger25

User Info: ACHEEKSMALLOY

ACHEEKSMALLOY
6 months ago#10
Taking off work Friday to play all weekend. Never cared about reviews
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
The CUBS are the 2016 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Mass Effect Review Scores are in. Will you still buy this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived