Looking like Agents of Mayhem will flop... what will saints row devs do next?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Looking like Agents of Mayhem will flop... what will saints row devs do next?

User Info: calinks

calinks
4 months ago#51
Saints Row was always wacky, it was just a bit more grounded than 3 and 4. It was an alternative to GTA. Saints Row 1 and 2 kind of imitated San Andreas which itself was fairly wacky. GTA has really moved into a more realisitc/serious direction since GTA IV. Saints Row started going super zany since SR3.

I would say 60-70 percent of SR3 and 4 humor I find just mildly entertaining. I would prefer the first 2 saints row games vibe of absurdity mixed with some actual serious or deep moments. That formula worked for a lot of gamers though I know there is a crowd who couldn't take any of the serious parts serious.

I really enjoyed the fact that there were stakes in games like SR2, I liked that you were building something. I also liked the open world NPC's behavior a lot in 2, something both Saints Row and GTA seem to have left behind years ago. NPC's used to do interesting stuff that was random but fun.

I think they could do a new Saints Row that finds a better balance. It can still be funny and crazy to a degree but also bring a compelling campaign. Something you will want to take seriously at appropriate times.
Quantum Break Script read. Time Knife!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avasj-Iqgkg&nohtml5=False

User Info: helIy

helIy
4 months ago#52
DvoloS88 posted...
helIy posted...
saints row 4 is better than saints row 2, however saints row 3 is not better than saints row 1,

so

4>2>1>3>>>gat

gat out of hell was just f***ing gross

That makes ZERO sense considering Sr4 was Sr3 with super powers and a story that should have/could have been dlc for 20$. Everything else in Sr4 was identical to the third. Cash grab sequel

uh, okay?

that absolutely does not matter dude

sr3 was boring with barely anything to do. very little in 4 was identical to 3. like lolwhat
depressed again
morning comes too fast and i'm tired of the routine

User Info: DvoloS88

DvoloS88
4 months ago#53
helIy posted...
DvoloS88 posted...
helIy posted...
saints row 4 is better than saints row 2, however saints row 3 is not better than saints row 1,

so

4>2>1>3>>>gat

gat out of hell was just f***ing gross

That makes ZERO sense considering Sr4 was Sr3 with super powers and a story that should have/could have been dlc for 20$. Everything else in Sr4 was identical to the third. Cash grab sequel

uh, okay?

that absolutely does not matter dude

sr3 was boring with barely anything to do. very little in 4 was identical to 3. like lolwhat

Again, it was the same exact game outside of superpowers(which rendered vehicles and guns useless) and a different story. If those 2 minor things were worth 60$ to you then so be it. Don't though for one second act like the city was any different, visuals/physics were any different, base enemies any different(just reskinned gangsters) Sr4 was Sr3 in every aspect other than the 2 things mentioned above...
"Let The Boy Watch"

User Info: BigLongDowner

BigLongDowner
4 months ago#54
simonbelmont2 posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
I ended up picking it up last night. I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I'm having fun with it.

What's the mission design like? The reviews were saying there isn't much variety.

I can't give an opinion on the mission structure yet as I've only got about an hour of playtime so far in. But I can say that the gameplay is fun and switching between the Agents feels great.
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
PSN - BigLongDowner

User Info: bojangles22

bojangles22
4 months ago#55
calinks posted...
Seems like these guys are running into a bit of a wall. I think SR3 was a big success but it seems like things started to go downhill for them after 4. What do you think they should do next?

79 metascore says it's going to do just fine.
Phantom Dust all time great.

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
4 months ago#56
bojangles22 posted...
calinks posted...
Seems like these guys are running into a bit of a wall. I think SR3 was a big success but it seems like things started to go downhill for them after 4. What do you think they should do next?

79 metascore says it's going to do just fine.

67% on ps4 and 71% on pc, unless they run like s*** on those two i have no idea how xbox metacritic is that much higher.

EDIT: oh right xbox one only has 6 reviews and ps4 has 37.

As I have said before it looks so much like a co-op game, except it has none, it makes no sense.

User Info: 305michael305

305michael305
4 months ago#57
They will fix the game and add dlc. Don't worrie.

User Info: Billo

Billo
4 months ago#58
zombody posted...
It's been out for like an hour and a half...Sheesh, the amount of trust people put into other people's reviews is at an all time high it seems.

The game looks like a silly, fun, Saint's row-esque (in style and comedy) shooter...I'm not even interested in it myself, I just don't understand this whole review culture that has taken over the industry.

9 times out of 10 it's very easy to tell if a game will succeed or fail from watching a couple gameplay videos, and this one looks like a dud for sure.

I can also safely put money on games like Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves following suit just as sure as I can bet on Forza 7, Red Dead Redemption 2, Gran Turismo, or Uncharted Lost Legacy succeeding. The dark horses that come out of no where and surprise everyone are few and far between.

User Info: calinks

calinks
4 months ago#59
Billo posted...
zombody posted...
It's been out for like an hour and a half...Sheesh, the amount of trust people put into other people's reviews is at an all time high it seems.

The game looks like a silly, fun, Saint's row-esque (in style and comedy) shooter...I'm not even interested in it myself, I just don't understand this whole review culture that has taken over the industry.

9 times out of 10 it's very easy to tell if a game will succeed or fail from watching a couple gameplay videos, and this one looks like a dud for sure.

I can also safely put money on games like Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves following suit just as sure as I can bet on Forza 7, Red Dead Redemption 2, Gran Turismo, or Uncharted Lost Legacy succeeding. The dark horses that come out of no where and surprise everyone are few and far between.

Agree I think Thieves has some potential to do well though, really depends on the depth in that game. Crackdown I am really worried about. I want it to be good but I think it will be yet another mediocre Microsfot game and just continue the bad perception.
Quantum Break Script read. Time Knife!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avasj-Iqgkg&nohtml5=False

User Info: Ryderx90

Ryderx90
3 months ago#60
For a long time, I seen Volition mention this game on Twitter, had no clue it was a Saints Row game. Then I started watching gameplay, I didn't think it was a must-have at first but thought it could be fun. Now, I've been hyped to play it. I know it won't be as good as an actual Saints Row game, but I'll enjoy it. Especially seeing Gat, Pierce & Oleg back.

SRIV wasn't too bad, only thing that killed the endgame for me were the wardens appearing every min to clear my enemy notoriety & ruin my fun. Didn't like going against robots either. I wish we had the option to mod the simulation & only have gangs. I do hope the next SR game will be more enjoyable. The Third's story was terribly set-up, but it was still an enjoyable game. I'd be happy with the next game being like 2 or 3.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Looking like Agents of Mayhem will flop... what will saints row devs do next?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived