Halo 6 is in the works. Spencer stated 343 is testing out new technologies.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Halo 6 is in the works. Spencer stated 343 is testing out new technologies.

User Info: Demigod_Elessar

Demigod_Elessar
4 months ago#31
I actually wasn't a very big fan of the direction the story went in Halo 5. I loved the gameplay of Halo 5's campaign, but god damn the story was atrocious. It left a really bad taste in this Halo veteran's mouth.

I really hope they blow us away with Halo 6's campaign, but I'm going to remain hesitant going into it.

If I had to wish for one thing, I want a lengthy campaign. I'm talking twenty + levels, multiple planets/locations, a huge overlapping, epic storyline.

Also, boss fights, but more like Halo 2's Heretic/Regret/Tartarus fights. The Warden was a fun fight the first time, but facing the same mechanics 5+ times got tedious. And certainly not any QTEs.
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!

User Info: DvoloS88

DvoloS88
4 months ago#32
Demigod_Elessar posted...
I actually wasn't a very big fan of the direction the story went in Halo 5. I loved the gameplay of Halo 5's campaign, but god damn the story was atrocious. It left a really bad taste in this Halo veteran's mouth.

I really hope they blow us away with Halo 6's campaign, but I'm going to remain hesitant going into it.

If I had to wish for one thing, I want a lengthy campaign. I'm talking twenty + levels, multiple planets/locations, a huge overlapping, epic storyline.

Also, boss fights, but more like Halo 2's Heretic/Regret/Tartarus fights. The Warden was a fun fight the first time, but facing the same mechanics 5+ times got tedious. And certainly not any QTEs.

Halo 4 and 5 had subtle QTEs though, except for that terribly anti climatic "boss fight" at the end of 4. The warden did get old fast, rinse and repeat. The story was ok but definetly the weakest out of the 5. I think with the time they're taking on 6 and already confirming chief is the main focus again it'll be amazing...
"Let The Boy Watch"

User Info: SikkaSill

SikkaSill
4 months ago#33
Add some horror/dark elements to it, the first Halo was kinda eerie and had a great tone that they never captured again...
Easy Allies Love & Respect!
https://easyallies.com/#!/

User Info: DvoloS88

DvoloS88
4 months ago#34
SikkaSill posted...
Add some horror/dark elements to it, the first Halo was kinda eerie and had a great tone that they never captured again...

H3 had those same elements with the flood levels which I loved. Watching marines, brutes and covenant transform/mutate was disturbing.
"Let The Boy Watch"

User Info: Solis

Solis
4 months ago#35
helIy posted...
THEaircobra posted...
helIy posted...
look at destiny

copy that.

a halo destiny clone would be fantastic.

but give the IP to a competent developer.

A Halo MMO would be great, a Destiny clone would not be.

a halo mmo would be 100% exactly like destiny. unless you want another APB situation

anthem is going to be 100% exactly like destiny, even. there's really no other way to do shooter mmos.

...What? Destiny isn't an MMO, and there's no reason a Halo MMO would have to be like Destiny. Planetside is an actual MMO FPS, and it's hardly anything like Halo OR Destiny. And there are several other MMO shooters which aren't like any of the above, such as the Tabula Rasa, Defiance, and (soon) Warframe. So obviously there ARE other ways to do shooter MMOs, since there are plenty examples of just that.
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

User Info: Twinmold

Twinmold
4 months ago#36
I want Halo to stay as far away from Destiny as possible. Total grinding simulator.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

User Info: velchron

velchron
4 months ago#37
DvoloS88 posted...
SikkaSill posted...

H3 had those same elements with the flood levels which I loved. Watching marines, brutes and covenant transform/mutate was disturbing.

I want a survival horror game, set in the halo universe. So much potential.
Instead of argueing with the trolls, simply say sorry. It's not their fault..... only daddies.

User Info: Otterz4Life

Otterz4Life
4 months ago#38
As long as there is couch co-op, I'll probably buy it no matter what. Still haven't played 5.

I would love to see a Planet Hulk style story arc with Chief captive on a Brute planet. I love the direction Halo Wars 2 took with it's focus on the Brutes. They have so much untapped potential. I love the Brutes and think they're much more intimidating than the Elites. The Elites have kinda been done to death at this point. Another race wouldn't hurt either. Maybe a Grunt uprising? :D

There are lots of things they could do with Halo. Halo Wars is a very nice expansion into another genre. Survival horror would work nicely as the series already has has elements of that in the past. More ODST and Reach style spin-offs would be cool as well, perhaps from the Covenant side of things....

User Info: jimmydonegood

jimmydonegood
4 months ago#39
nice.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
4 months ago#40
abbeldydoo posted...
I just want the MP maps to not suck.Seems too muc hto ask from 343 though.

MP maps are awesome in Halo 5 tho. 343 is doing great.
PS Pro, Xbox One player. Future Xbox One X owner.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Halo 6 is in the works. Spencer stated 343 is testing out new technologies.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived