can i use seagate's "xbox one game drive" for xbox 360 too ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. can i use seagate's "xbox one game drive" for xbox 360 too ?

User Info: UltimateSol

UltimateSol
2 months ago#1
here is the game drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XaOtN6gnw

so i know, 360 slims are not compatible with any ex.HDDs but just curious if i can use it for my 500gb 360 too since it's designed for xbox..
XBL: Koenigsegx / PSN: ultimatesolx / KI: Cinder, I2: SubZero, DOA5LR: Helena, MvC2: C.Comando/ Psylocke/ IronMan, GGXrdRev2: Zato

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
2 months ago#2
Uh, 360 Slims can read external HDDs. I have a 1TB one plugged into mine.
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.

UltimateSol
2 months ago#3
AndyJoe89 posted...

u sure ? 360s can only support USB flash drives up to 16GB..
XBL: Koenigsegx / PSN: ultimatesolx / KI: Cinder, I2: SubZero, DOA5LR: Helena, MvC2: C.Comando/ Psylocke/ IronMan, GGXrdRev2: Zato

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
2 months ago#4
UltimateSol posted...
AndyJoe89 posted...

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-360-software-update-adds-support-2tb-external-hard-drives
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.

UltimateSol
2 months ago#5
AndyJoe89 posted...
UltimateSol posted...
AndyJoe89 posted...

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-360-software-update-adds-support-2tb-external-hard-drives

ohh may gawddd.. u made my day sir 0_0

so basically i can turn any HDD into a harddrive for my 360 and u saying u did this before heh.

but newer x36 slims have no "format the usb" option, how do i access ? and is this formatting progress same for HDD too ?

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
2 months ago#6
UltimateSol posted...
AndyJoe89 posted...

That was like 5 years ago.

They first increased the limit to 32gb, then later upped it to 2tb.

That was about 3 years ago iirc.

UltimateSol posted...
AndyJoe89 posted...
UltimateSol posted...
AndyJoe89 posted...

so basically i can turn any HDD into a harddrive for my 360 and u saying u did this before heh.

but newer x36 slims have no "format the usb" option, how do i access ? and is this formatting progress same for HDD too ?

When they upped the limit to 2tb they removed the need to format the device for use with a 360.

User Info: helly

helly
2 months ago#7
you cannot move the drive between 360 and x1, however. the x1 formats the drive so that it'll only work on an x1.

and that external isn't "designed for Xbox". it's literally just a regular external hard drive with a green shell.

any external hdd works on these consoles as long as they're over 256gb in size and uses USB 3.0, and even then that's only for the x1.

the Seagate branded ones are just more expensive because they're branded. they offer no performance differences between it and normal. externals.
remember everything that we'd die for
you are everything that i'd die for

UltimateSol
2 months ago#8
helly posted...
you cannot move the drive between 360 and x1, however. the x1 formats the drive so that it'll only work on an x1.

not to worry, i know that part, i already using an external 1TB for my XB1Slim anyway ;)

helly posted...
and that external isn't "designed for Xbox". it's literally just a regular external hard drive with a green shell.

yeah, i figured out that by the video lol

helly posted...
any external hdd works on these consoles as long as they're over 256gb in size and uses USB 3.0, and even then that's only for the x1.

how about 2.0 ? u know 360 doesn't support 3.0

helly posted...
the Seagate branded ones are just more expensive because they're branded. they offer no performance differences between it and normal. externals.

yeah, that's right. thanks for the tips btw ;)

User Info: helly

helly
2 months ago#9
UltimateSol posted...

how about 2.0 ? u know 360 doesn't support 3.0

it's backwards compatible.
remember everything that we'd die for
you are everything that i'd die for

User Info: jedirood

jedirood
2 months ago#10
UltimateSol posted...
AndyJoe89 posted...
UltimateSol posted...
AndyJoe89 posted...

f***ing Christ, just say you! It's not rocket science!
"It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming... On days like these, kids like you.... Should be burning in hell!"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. can i use seagate's "xbox one game drive" for xbox 360 too ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived