Whats going on with Microsoft Studios?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Whats going on with Microsoft Studios?

User Info: Shovel_Break

Shovel_Break
4 months ago#1
There have been more cancellations and delays this year than actual new game announcements. I know most games by this publisher have not done well (even Gears and Halo saw massive declines in consumer interest this gen), but things seem to be getting worse as time goes on.

Is it time for MS to have a complete overhaul of their game studios and first party content ?
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us: Part II"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
4 months ago#2
http://i.imgur.com/mHAK4KZ.gif
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7wHOHYCdc

User Info: IcrossfireI

IcrossfireI
4 months ago#3
wouldn't be surprised if they ditch xbox in the not too distant future
cR Crossfire / cR Sledge

User Info: IcrossfireI

IcrossfireI
4 months ago#4
maybe if everyone weren't so obsessed with money, halo and gears would still be good. it isn't any surprise that people have lost interest in these series.

they do not know what they are doing
cR Crossfire / cR Sledge

User Info: Offworlder1

Offworlder1
4 months ago#5
They never should have abandoned the western RPG "Fable" series, it was a very popular series until they kept making it worse and more stripped down every new game. Instead of gimmick BS like Fable Heroes, Legends, and The Journey they needed to reboot or do a game set in the Fable 1 or 2 era again.

Halo is pretty lack luster now post Reach but I think Gears of War is still going strong with good story ideas, and a company that knows what they are doing.

The Coalition is doing a great job with GOW, 343 Studios however is just ruining Halo and have just killed the story with all the new BS.
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
4 months ago#6
Offworlder1 posted...
They never should have abandoned the western RPG "Fable" series, it was a very popular series until they kept making it worse and more stripped down every new game. Instead of gimmick BS like Fable Heroes, Legends, and The Journey they needed to reboot or do a game set in the Fable 1 or 2 era again.

Halo is pretty lack luster now post Reach but I think Gears of War is still going strong with good story ideas, and a company that knows what they are doing.

The Coalition is doing a great job with GOW, 343 Studios however is just ruining Halo and have just killed the story with all the new BS.

343 also created the best multiplayer in the series

Also for the TC, Halo 5 has sold roughly the same number of copies as the other main entries and had more players six months in than even Halo 3 did.

User Info: Offworlder1

Offworlder1
4 months ago#7
Rand_Aybara posted...

You mean how they decided to try and be like COD and not like Halo ? keep me laughing cause no one in their right mind thinks Halo 5's MP is "the best".
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
4 months ago#8
They're taking after Sony, delay games to spring. There was a point I called my ps4 the delaystation.
Ps4/x1/pc
Don't pick a side, you sound poor if you do.

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
4 months ago#9
Offworlder1 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...

You mean how they decided to try and be like COD and not like Halo ? keep me laughing cause no one in their right mind thinks Halo 5's MP is "the best".

When you kids bring up CoD I just assume you stopped at 4.
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: Dark_SilverX

Dark_SilverX
4 months ago#10
I wouldnt be surprised if Microsoft stopped developing games for Xbox One and moved onto development for PS4 games.
Cuckle doodle doo
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Whats going on with Microsoft Studios?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived