I still can't buy 360 games without a credit card

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I still can't buy 360 games without a credit card

User Info: cbus_jay

cbus_jay
3 months ago#21
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...
cbus_jay posted...
vacka,
I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not trolling as I don't recall seeing you engage in such behavior prior. I will pm you the information for a prepaid mastercard that has exactly $1 of balance remaining. Link this card to your account and your problem is solved.

edit: sent. check your inbox this is legitimate

Wouldn't change the fact that you can't use your account balance to purchase 360 content unless you use a 360.

You may well be right as I don't know for sure but i I believe you can then purchase the 360 content with microsoft account credit through xbox.com? and have them pushed to the XB1. My apologies if I'm incorrect but wanted to try help a fellow gamer out
"drive drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and grey"

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 months ago#22
helly posted...
flame030191 posted...

It's a bad policy tbh, but it's how they work. Kind of like how you can't use that credit to pay for Gold...

yes you can

No, you can't.

You have never been able to use your account balance to pay for subscriptions.

I was going to say this.

Unless they changed it in the past year, the only way to pay for Gold on Xbox Live is with a credit card, your Microsoft Wallet balance will not be considered for it.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 months ago#23
cbus_jay posted...
cbus_jay posted...
vacka,
I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not trolling as I don't recall seeing you engage in such behavior prior. I will pm you the information for a prepaid mastercard that has exactly $1 of balance remaining. Link this card to your account and your problem is solved.

edit: sent. check your inbox this is legitimate

Wouldn't change the fact that you can't use your account balance to purchase 360 content unless you use a 360.

You may well be right as I don't know for sure but i I believe you can then purchase the 360 content with microsoft account credit through xbox.com? and have them pushed to the XB1. My apologies if I'm incorrect but wanted to try help a fellow gamer out

No, the only way you can buy 360 games using MS credit will be through an Xbox 360.

I've heard you can buy 360 game DLC with Xbox credit by booting up the game on X1 and going to the in-game store, though I can't personally confirm that.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I still can't buy 360 games without a credit card

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived