I think 2017 is the worst year EVER for xbox (any xbox console for any year)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I think 2017 is the worst year EVER for xbox (any xbox console for any year)

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
3 months ago#31
That's terrible

User Info: MachineZed

MachineZed
3 months ago#32
medmuscle posted...
MachineZed posted...
sotojuan posted...
Bad luck for MS that some of the top rated games this year were Japanese and thus mostly not on Xbox.

The only game Sony made this year is Horizon. Everything else released this year for Sony has been 3rd party. I suppose we can give them credit for buying up exclusivity even if its just for console exclusivity.

Gravity Rush 2 came out this year, which got praised. Also, The Last Guardian (also praised) came out in December, which is easily within a year's time. So they have been busy.

Someone mentioned about Japan, and they were right. Many of the best games this year have been Japanese and have been released on PS4 and Switch (Zelda is probably GOTY). XB1 saw none of them, except FF15, which was generally praised.

If MS keeps trying to shove the games-as-a-service model down everyone's throat and doesn't go after Japan really hard, nothing will change. Variety is best.

You are hanging your hat on Gravity Rush 2. Lets all celebrate Sony, they are looking out for us. FYI Gravity Rush sold worse than Halo Wars 2. Woopity-do it got praised, released on a platform with double the user base but couldn't outsell Halo Wars 2.

Did you really count December 2016 in a recap of 2017 games? Do we have to go over months too? Or do we get to count Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Dead Rising 4, and Recore in the worst of 2017, because you know those games are "easily within a years time"
---
Promote what you love rather than bash what you hate.

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
3 months ago#33
MachineZed posted...
medmuscle posted...
MachineZed posted...
sotojuan posted...
Bad luck for MS that some of the top rated games this year were Japanese and thus mostly not on Xbox.

The only game Sony made this year is Horizon. Everything else released this year for Sony has been 3rd party. I suppose we can give them credit for buying up exclusivity even if its just for console exclusivity.

Gravity Rush 2 came out this year, which got praised. Also, The Last Guardian (also praised) came out in December, which is easily within a year's time. So they have been busy.

Someone mentioned about Japan, and they were right. Many of the best games this year have been Japanese and have been released on PS4 and Switch (Zelda is probably GOTY). XB1 saw none of them, except FF15, which was generally praised.

If MS keeps trying to shove the games-as-a-service model down everyone's throat and doesn't go after Japan really hard, nothing will change. Variety is best.

You are hanging your hat on Gravity Rush 2. Lets all celebrate Sony, they are looking out for us. FYI Gravity Rush sold worse than Halo Wars 2. Woopity-do it got praised, released on a platform with double the user base but couldn't outsell Halo Wars 2.

Did you really count December 2016 in a recap of 2017 games? Do we have to go over months too? Or do we get to count Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Dead Rising 4, and Recore in the worst of 2017, because you know those games are "easily within a years time"

Last Guardian didn't even crack the top 10 NPD on the month it was released or the month after. It reviewed decently but didn't sell many copies.
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Man got me a 9 and she sexy.

User Info: Billo

Billo
3 months ago#34
MachineZed posted...
sotojuan posted...

Not true, speaking of just the retail titles, Sony has released Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, MLB The Show 17, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, and they still have Hotshots Golf, Knack 2 and Gran Turismo left for the year. They also Published Nioh.

MS has so far released Halo Wars 2 and only has Forza 7 for the rest of the year.

User Info: lunaticcore

lunaticcore
3 months ago#35
Microsoft fan here. I agree. Easily the worst year they have had.

On the other hand Nintendo seems to be killing it right now. So I am cool. Get your s*** together Microsoft.

I really want to play the new Ori and Crackdown.
Endless Final Fantasy 2017 Jan FF1, Feb FF2/FF3(done), March FF4/FF5 April FF6/7
May FF8/9 June FFX/X-2 July FFXII (HD july 11th)

User Info: ChaosXero

ChaosXero
3 months ago#36
I'm on the verge of jumping ship, Xbox has been straight trash this gen. I think one of my last hopes was that XboxoneX would actually use its power and have some exclusive games. The 360 was on some other level have no idea wtf happened.

--
yo
--

User Info: Billo

Billo
3 months ago#37
ChaosXero posted...
I'm on the verge of jumping ship, Xbox has been straight trash this gen. I think one of my last hopes was that XboxoneX would actually use its power and have some exclusive games. The 360 was on some other level have no idea wtf happened.

--
yo
--

What happened was that MS gave up the biggest reason for 360's success, that being the year long headstart. 360 took off due to the snowball effect of people buying it to play with their friends. Then the size of installbase has its own effects which for XB1 means less publishers are are willing to make deals with MS over Sony and in a lot of cases just skip XB1 altogether or release their games later. Which leads to even less hardware sales and it keeps feeding into each other.

User Info: Stratoz

Stratoz
2 months ago#38
Anyone here who is honestly happy with the current state of Xbox are the people doing the most damage to it.

Stop the shilling and stop the damage control. This is not okay. Why the hell should we settle for such mediocrity? This is honestly the worst year and worst lineup in Xbox history.

All we got this year was Halo Wars 2 (wasn't even better than the first and didn't even sell a million), Voodoo Vince Remaster, Phantom Dust re-release (it's just a cheap port and not even in 60FPS) and then we'll get Super Lucky's Tale (a sequel to a mediocre VR game) and Forza Motorsport 7.

Of that list, not a single game was highly praised and the only that will have good reviews will be Forza.

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
2 months ago#39
Billo posted...
ChaosXero posted...

--
yo
--

What happened was that MS gave up the biggest reason for 360's success, that being the year long headstart. 360 took off due to the snowball effect of people buying it to play with their friends. Then the size of installbase has its own effects which for XB1 means less publishers are are willing to make deals with MS over Sony and in a lot of cases just skip XB1 altogether or release their games later. Which leads to even less hardware sales and it keeps feeding into each other.

you mention the headstart, but year 5 holiday 5 of xbox is the weakest holiday of the 5 theyve had with xbox one. software wise
I am most excited for KingdomHearts3, FinalFantasyVIIRemake, NiNoKuni2, DeathStranding, SeaOfThieves, DragonQuestXI, RDR2, GodOfWar, SpiderMan, SoTC

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
2 months ago#40
Stratoz posted...
Anyone here who is honestly happy with the current state of Xbox are the people doing the most damage to it.

Stop the shilling and stop the damage control. This is not okay. Why the hell should we settle for such mediocrity? This is honestly the worst year and worst lineup in Xbox history.

All we got this year was Halo Wars 2 (wasn't even better than the first and didn't even sell a million), Voodoo Vince Remaster, Phantom Dust re-release (it's just a cheap port and not even in 60FPS) and then we'll get Super Lucky's Tale (a sequel to a mediocre VR game) and Forza Motorsport 7.

Of that list, not a single game was highly praised and the only that will have good reviews will be Forza.

it doesnt help that we have a police force here defending absolutely nothing and calling everyone trolls.

im not the only one that thinks that forza and halo wars 2 are the least exciting AAA games they could do. and it is okay to expect or want more.
I am most excited for KingdomHearts3, FinalFantasyVIIRemake, NiNoKuni2, DeathStranding, SeaOfThieves, DragonQuestXI, RDR2, GodOfWar, SpiderMan, SoTC
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I think 2017 is the worst year EVER for xbox (any xbox console for any year)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived