Xbox One Won't do 4K 60 FPS for EVERY GAME

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One Won't do 4K 60 FPS for EVERY GAME

User Info: THEaircobra

THEaircobra
3 months ago#31
EightySix22 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
mw2boosterlolz posted...
Seen a few posts across forums, youtube videos, "reviews" that call it a "4K 60FPS beast."

I'd imagine 95% of people already know this but for those that don't^^

...and it will also use checkerboarding...

It's mid 8th gen with a Jaguar CPU...

Holy ****! A rare moment of Quincy actually expressing an opinion that is his own and not a mere quote from someone else. I don't see a link to a funny article either. The eclipse is having a funny effect on people, it seems.

You're giving him far too much credit. He has no f***ing idea what a Jaguar CPU is. He's just regurgitating words he sees on the internet.
GT: aircobra PSN: THEaircobra
gamerzfoundry.com-Currently a work-in-progress. PM if you would like to help!

User Info: GamersUnited

GamersUnited
3 months ago#32
RonBurgundy929 posted...
So many ruined lives. The mighty PS4 & PS4 Pro were supposed to rule this gen unchallenged...even if they couldn't hit 1080p/4K on EVERY GAME...

How many more bulls*** excuses could these militant Sony fanatic trolls come up with in the next 2-1/2 months to downplay the X's power?

The more important question you should be asking. When is Xbone gonna get some new, worthwhile exclusives?

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
3 months ago#33
Discharged19DCS posted...
quincy2000a posted...
mw2boosterlolz posted...
Seen a few posts across forums, youtube videos, "reviews" that call it a "4K 60FPS beast."

Will it use 720p like it's competitor?

Hopefully if a game isn't hitting 60fps that could really benefit from it like an action game or shooter. I'll take a dynamic resolution with rare drops to 720p to have that 60fps. I wish Destiny 2 was taking advantage of such an option....
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 months ago#34
Rafficus_III posted...
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but Spencer and crew have been saying since day one the box could do true 4k, it's just up to the devs, and as such only spoke for/guaranteed 4k for first party studios.

Not even going to bother with this except to say, see the comments that were made when the Pro was being taken to task by Phil and the boys...then the same checkerboarding/sub 4k/60fps was announced on the X1X...and the tune from Phil's side of the table changed...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: archibald3

archibald3
3 months ago#35
THEaircobra posted...
EightySix22 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
mw2boosterlolz posted...

Holy ****! A rare moment of Quincy actually expressing an opinion that is his own and not a mere quote from someone else. I don't see a link to a funny article either. The eclipse is having a funny effect on people, it seems.

You're giving him far too much credit. He has no f***ing idea what a Jaguar CPU is. He's just regurgitating words he sees on the internet.

Not too mention he never brought this up with the ps4 and Xbox One sharing the same amd cpu. In fact the Xbox One cpu was a little faster then the ps4 - and that never stopped the ps4 from being "the more powerful console for refined gamers"...lamo. He's a hypocrite of the highest order and it's actually entertaining as hell to watch him fail this hard.
Arch.

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
3 months ago#36
CRIMSON-XIII posted...
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...
People are f***ing sheep.

At no time did MS ever say it would do all, or even most, games at 4k60fps, that was only ever speculative or trolling.

actually. doesnt MS keep saying pure 4k.

or is pure 4k not the same as native 4k

:P how many scorpio zodiac sign in twitter profiles have i seen say pure native 4k , and i swear ive seen xbox say it.

Native 4k is not the same as 4k60fps, please learn to read and differentiate between the two.

Native 4k could mean a frame rate of 0.00000000000001, it is still an image rendered at 4k, it has nothing to do with framerate.

Also, as I said, people are f***ing sheep.

Sheep are f***ing idiots that follow the guy with the big stick.

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
3 months ago#37
GamersUnited posted...
RonBurgundy929 posted...
So many ruined lives. The mighty PS4 & PS4 Pro were supposed to rule this gen unchallenged...even if they couldn't hit 1080p/4K on EVERY GAME...

How many more bulls*** excuses could these militant Sony fanatic trolls come up with in the next 2-1/2 months to downplay the X's power?

The more important question you should be asking. When is Xbone gonna get some new, worthwhile exclusives?

LMAO, another one.

USER INFO: GAMERSUNITED

Provisional
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: TonyMontana916

TonyMontana916
3 months ago#38
Ummmm I thought it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to do 4K60fps for every game? Even PC games still have some issues doing this with certain games with a 1080 Ti. The X can do it but it's going to be a game to game basis. as for 4K native resolution though. It seems like Most games will be 4K30fps with a few doing other thing like Killing Floor 2 being native 1800p instead of checkboarding and then upscaled to 4K.

FYI though, a game being a native 1800p or around there and then being upscaled is still going to give you a really crisp image regardless. It's not as bad of an upscale like say 720 to 1080p or even 900p to 1080p.
My Big Boss Emblem, Achieved 6/21/2008 http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0500wx6.jpg

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 months ago#39
archibald3 posted...
THEaircobra posted...
EightySix22 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
mw2boosterlolz posted...

Not too mention he never brought this up with the ps4 and Xbox One sharing the same amd cpu. In fact the Xbox One cpu was a little faster then the ps4 - and that never stopped the ps4 from being "the more powerful console for refined gamers"...lamo. He's a hypocrite of the highest order and it's actually entertaining as hell to watch him fail this hard.

...neither did this...

Star Wars: Battlefront Runs At 900p Resolution on PS4, a Blurry 720p on Xbox One
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/11884-star-wars-battlefront-runs-at-900p-resolution-on-ps4-a-blurry-720p-on-xbox-one#/slide/1 e:ra

...as usual, the proof's in the puddin'...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: archibald3

archibald3
3 months ago#40
quincy2000a posted...
archibald3 posted...
THEaircobra posted...
EightySix22 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
mw2boosterlolz posted...

...neither did this...

Star Wars: Battlefront Runs At 900p Resolution on PS4, a Blurry 720p on Xbox One
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/11884-star-wars-battlefront-runs-at-900p-resolution-on-ps4-a-blurry-720p-on-xbox-one#/slide/1 e:ra

...as usual, the proof's in the puddin'...

Lmao.
Arch.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One Won't do 4K 60 FPS for EVERY GAME

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived